Palestinian Boy Kidnapped and Murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
west didsblue said:
Skashion said:
Who else are the pro-Hamas fuckwits? It was plural so let's have more than the dubious-at-best Citizen in Pakistan exemplar.

Here's one

stonerblue said:
Very well said. Great post.

Whilst not wishing to speak for stonerblue, who is more than capable of speaking for himself, I have read this post ten times now and, whilst I may take issue with some of it, you simply cannot say that it expresses pro-Hamas support - it merely tries to rationalise just why folk turn to Hamas given the hardships they face daily as a result of Israeli government policy, and questions media impartiality, as should any sentient being with an enquiring mind.
You may not agree with the opinion, but that alone doesn't render it pro-Hamas propaganda.
I really think I'm seeing a poster increasingly grasping at straws here.
But then as I went to university, clearly my opinion is invalid anyway, according to the inverse pyramid of logic that increasingly prevails in the Cellar.

Hang on.
You mentioned Pyramids.
They are typically associated with Egypt.
Egypt went to war with Israel in 1973.
Therefore you must be making reference to Israel's enemies and as such you must be pro-Hamas.

See, I can do twisted logic too.

The Flash said:

Hang on.

You mentioned twisted logic
Twisted logic was a song by coldplay
Coldplay's band members met while studying at UCL
One of UCL's notable alumni is Chaim Herzog, former president of Israel.

Thus you must be an agent provocateur!

dazdon said:
There really can't be that much of a defence for a country that bans even food from being imported to another country.

According to Amnesty International, the Economist, Haaretz and UN reports, prior to June 2010, the following was banned or restricted:

Food. According to a UN report, importation of lentils, pasta, tomato paste and juice has been restricted.[15] Pasta has since been allowed. Sugar has always been allowed.[14] Soda, juice, jam, spices, shaving cream, potato chips, cookies and candy are now permitted.[16] Fruit, milk products in small packages and frozen food products are also allowed.[14] Dry food,[17] ginger and chocolate were at one point barred.[18]

Household items. A4 paper,[18] crayons, stationary, soccer balls, and musical instruments have been, at times, banned for import.[17] According to AFP other banned goods include toilet paper,[4] though the BBC lists it as permitted.[3] According to the Haaretz the following items were banned in 2009: books, candles, crayons, clothing, cups, cutlery, crockery, electric appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines, glasses, light bulbs, matches, musical instruments, needles, sheets, blankets, shoes, mattresses, spare machine and car parts, and threads.[14

What's all this about?

It is a prison isn't it?

Things like this are the tip of the iceberg.

As I said the other day. The genuinely neutral people all despise what Israel is doing and have nothing but sympathy for the people of Palestine, and have done for many years now.

Whilst not wishing to speak for stonerblue, who is more than capable of speaking for himself, I have read this post ten times now and, whilst I may take issue with some of it, you simply cannot say that it expresses pro-Hamas support - it merely tries to rationalise just why folk turn to Hamas given the hardships they face daily as a result of Israeli government policy, and questions media impartiality, as should any sentient being with an enquiring mind.
You may not agree with the opinion, but that alone doesn't render it pro-Hamas propaganda.
But then as I went to university, clearly my opinion is invalid anyway, according to the inverse pyramid of logic that increasingly prevails in the Cellar.
My reading of CiP's comment along with the other one denying that Hamas are even firing rockets gives me the clear impression that he supports Hamas. By extension stonerblue's agreement with that makes me suspect the same of him. I also didn't see anything about rationalising why folk turn to Hamas. I don't see that as clutching at straws, I was just answering Skashion's question. It wasn't even me that mentioned pro-Hamas fuckwits in the first place so I don't even know why I bothered. I also went to university so perhaps my opinion is also invalid.

Mister Appointment said:
As I said the other day. The genuinely neutral people all despise what Israel is doing and have nothing but sympathy for the people of Palestine, and have done for many years now.
That's neutral is it? Haha

roaminblue said:
The Flash said:

Hang on.

You mentioned twisted logic
Twisted logic was a song by coldplay
Coldplay's band members met while studying at UCL
One of UCL's notable alumni is Chaim Herzog, former president of Israel.

Thus you must be an agent provocateur!
Hang on. Agent provocateur is lingerie. Lingerie is worn by models. Kate Moss is a model. She appears in ads. Moss+ad = Mossad

You are in the Israeli secret service.

The pro-Hamas argument is more about objecting to a Jewish State in the heart of the muslim middle east. The Palestinians are a side issue.

If Israel was actually a sunni enclave amongst shia's and where a couple of million shias were displaced, there wouldn't be the same coverage and opinions wouldn't be so divided. Eventually, they would have been dispersed into neighbouring Islamic and shia states.

Muslims and the anti-Semites and also the lentil-eating misguided Guardian readers get drawn into the argument that you can't have a Jewish State where it is and everything flows from that.

In reality Palestine/Israel is just another example of muslim intolerance. They don't give a monkey's sh*t if millions of shias and sunnis die in a war so long as it isn't non-muslims killing them.

We'll see something similar happening in this country no doubt in 50 years time with enclaves in Lancashire, the west midlands, Yorkshire and London wanting Sharia law and separation when they don't get it.

Probably find a few of these lentil-eating, Guardian readers change their views on the issue when its a bit closer to home.

west didsblue said:
My reading of CiP's comment along with the other one denying that Hamas are even firing rockets gives me the clear impression that he supports Hamas. By extension stonerblue's agreement with that makes me suspect the same of him. I also didn't see anything about rationalising why folk turn to Hamas. I don't see that as clutching at straws, I was just answering Skashion's question. It wasn't even me that mentioned pro-Hamas fuckwits in the first place so I don't even know why I bothered. I also went to university so perhaps my opinion is also invalid.

To be honest, I doubt we're poles apart on this issue, if we leave the semantic forensic analysis of Citizen In Pakistan's by now legendary post aside, and going off our exchanges previously.
And that was not meant to imply that the Poles should be excluded from any peace process.
If only we had the benefit of a non-university education behind us, then all would be crystal clear.
Anyway, if you've finished with that copy of The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion that I lent you, could I possibly have it back, as Barker is eager to read it?
Or colour in the pictures, I just forget which.

Anyway, if you've finished with that copy of The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion that I lent you, could I possibly have it back, as Barker is eager to read it?

Interesting tit bit, for those who are interested.

The protocols of the elders of Zion is a fraudulent document pertaining to a strategy for a global, Jewish state. Hitler allegedly used it as the foundation and justification for his anti-Semite beliefs. Where did this document originate? Russia, apparently.

Taximania said:
What I have said is that the state of Israel has a duty to its people and an absolute right to its self defense and preservation from the terrorists organization that is Hamas.

Apologies for length:

As I've said on here before, Israel is an occupying power and therefore the oft-touted argument that it is acting in "self defense" is not valid. This is an accepted norm of international law. An occupied populace has the inalienable right to defend itself, the occupying power has responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the occupied people.

You can’t defend yourself when you’re militarily occupying someone else’s land. That’s not defense. Call it what you like, it’s not defense.

Gaza has been under seige for a number of years now, with basic supplies and amenities cut off for prolonged periods. Travel is severely restricted and huge areas of Palestinian land are cordoned off by a "defense wall" that was deemed illegal by the International Courts of Justice ten years ago! Palestinians have had homes and civic buildings destroyed at will by the Israeli Occupation Forces, have had farm land confiscated and cut off by the wall, have had regular air raids for YEARS, have been subject of arrest and imprisonment without trial, have had HOSPITALS deliberately targeted and damaged, have had basic medical and food aid restricted. These are not the actions of a state acting in self defense. This is the systematic brutalisation and subjugation of an imprisoned populace in one of the most densely populated areas on the planet. It is, for all intents and purposes, an apartheid state.

Powerful sections of the Israeli political elite want to extend the borders of Israel further and further into Palestinian land. The ongoing "conflict" (I use quotation marks here because this is NOT a war between two nation states) serves the interests of these hardline expansionists as it provides, in their eyes, justification for further destruction and annexation of Palestinian land. They know that by brutalising another generation, the support within Palestine for armed insurrection will grow, thus ensuring that they can continue ad-infinitum with their military campaign.

I was speaking to a British doctor on Saturday who spent time with the Red Crescent during the last invasion of Gaza. She manned ambulances and described how F16s and Apaches would routinely target ambulances and hospitals, a grave breach of international law. To me, these are not the actions of a state acting in self-defense, but are designed to oppress an defenseless population. Don't forget, Palestine has no army, navy or air force. What it does have unfortunately, are a very small minority of determined fighters whose only recourse is to fire shoddy rockets willy-nilly over the border into Israel.

Please, I'm not going to debase my argument by indulging in left-right political mud slinging. Nor am I proffering support for Hamas or refuting Israel's "right to exist". I just see immense, unending, hopeless, human suffering of an occupied people by an overwhelming military power. And I will always support the little man, the underdog, the oppressed and the subjugated. Some poor deluded soul on here mocked me on Friday when I expressed my intention to attend a Palestinian Solidarity protest in Manchester on Saturday. Well, I remember attending anti-apartheid demos in Manchester in the 80s and the same mud was slung. Thankfully it didn't stick then, and it won't stick now. I won't go into it again here, but just remember Manchester's proud tradition of supporting the oppressed and the sacrifices made by Mancunians over the ages to help their fellow man, wherever in the world they suffer injustice. And please believe me, people are suffering horribly in their millions in Palestine right now. People who but for a twist of fate could be your brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and children.

These are people who for generations now have been ignored by the international community, who have no recourse against the illegal acts they are subjected to. Their government doesn't have an army to protect them, the Israeli justice system ignores them, and the world at large seemingly turns a blind eye to their fate. So I ask you, PLEASE, stop the pointless bickering over the minutiae of the decades long situation and find some small vestige of humanity in your soul and recognise that there are literally millions of people who right now need all the help they can get. And yes, you can recognise this fact without/despite having an allegiance to one or the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.