Panorama - Millwall 1977

manclad said:
According to the guys on the coach,Bristol Rovers fans are Northern Bastards!!!!
Pmsl. I wonder how many miles further north Bristol is compared to the Isle of Dogs.
I thought that! I wonder if that bloke with the glasses was the inspiration for the Viz character "Cockney Wanker":

cockney.jpg

One thing that was particularly telling was the accents. People of that age from that part of London sound nothing like that these days. The influence of immigrants, particularly Jamaicans, on the way cockneys and most especially South Londoners, speak nowadays is clear. It's frightening to think that the Blitz was closer in time to when that was filmed than today. It's another world really.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
manclad said:
According to the guys on the coach,Bristol Rovers fans are Northern Bastards!!!!
Pmsl. I wonder how many miles further north Bristol is compared to the Isle of Dogs.
I thought that! I wonder if that bloke with the glasses was the inspiration for the Viz character "Cockney Wanker":

cockney.jpg

One thing that was particularly telling was the accents. People of that age from that part of London sound nothing like that these days. The influence of immigrants, particularly Jamaicans, on the way cockneys and most especially South Londoners, speak nowadays is clear. It's frightening to think that the Blitz was closer in time to when that was filmed than today. It's another world really.

Very true. It's hard to imagine hearing Arthur Daly pop into the Winchester and tell Dave to 'stick a large VAT in that' in a MLE accent.

I loved it when the four eyed fella got asked why didn't he question the manager face to face while he was there but slagged him off at the pool table, his excuse and body language are priceless. The kid being promoted through the ranks looked like he's just been done up the arse by Julian clarey twirling his hand around

Crouchinho said:
I loved it when the four eyed fella got asked why didn't he question the manager face to face while he was there but slagged him off at the pool table, his excuse and body language are priceless. The kid being promoted through the ranks looked like he's just been done up the arse by Julian clarey twirling his hand around

You mean Deidre ?

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn2kN7m2SHfUhM4f3zfSGzXOoSRnxDvR7e-TG7ownbHzTJSM38lQ[/bigimg]

Funny at the start of the programme when The BBC announce that you're about to hear language not usually heard on Television.

if only they could see the shit on Tv these days...

There is something very homoerotic about travelling around with a group of other Men and fighting other Men to "prove" yourself.
The lad with the messy hair and glasses confirmed it for me when he said he never really had a Father.

Lost souls searching for that brotherly love.

It actually makes me laugh this documentary, because one of my best mate's dad is one of the cunts in this.

My mate's the spits of him as well but they're definately on the opposite end of the spectrum in their views of the world so it's like watching the evil version of my mate in an alternate universe.

I heard, many years ago, that harry the dog ran into some Coventry fans who had obviously not heard how hard he was and got a right kicking, broken arms etc.

Dirty Harry said:
Crouchinho said:

You mean Deidre ?

[bigimg]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn2kN7m2SHfUhM4f3zfSGzXOoSRnxDvR7e-TG7ownbHzTJSM38lQ[/bigimg]

haha, spitting image that is. A lot of them blokes don't look hard bastards at all to be honest, but looks can be deceiving after all, I bet most of these spent all their lives fighting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.