Pantillimon..

blinkblue said:
Fact is, Pantillimon has better distribution, seems to be better at palming the ball away from danger rather than into it and is obviously better at collecting high balls because of his height. Joe was poor last season and needs to step it up, otherwise he'll be riding on his reputation and Panti can be rightly miffed.

I don't think his distribution is better than Joe's, both are pretty poor at it

117 M34 said:
blinkblue said:
Fact is, Pantillimon has better distribution, seems to be better at palming the ball away from danger rather than into it and is obviously better at collecting high balls because of his height. Joe was poor last season and needs to step it up, otherwise he'll be riding on his reputation and Panti can be rightly miffed.

Panti's is miles better. He's much faster at distributing whether it's short or long and unlike Joe he doesn't kick the ball straight out of play two times a game or wait 10-15 seconds to kick/throw it and let the opposition get back into position, negating any opportunity for a counter attack.

I love Joe but he really needs to work on these things, I'm sure Pellegrini has told him as much and has the coaches working on it.

blinkblue said:
117 M34 said:
blinkblue said:

Panti's is miles better. He's much faster at distributing whether it's short or long and unlike Joe he doesn't kick the ball straight out of play two times a game or wait 10-15 seconds to kick/throw it and let the opposition get back into position, negating any opportunity for a counter attack.

I love Joe but he really needs to work on these things, I'm sure Pellegrini has told him as much and has the coaches working on it.
You must have missed yesterday's game then.

Sauntered around looking for the short pass each time, and it almost cost us at least once.

Agree with Pudge but yesterday was different than his normal self. Probably due to nerves.

pudge said:
blinkblue said:
117 M34 said:

You must have missed yesterday's game then.

Sauntered around looking for the short pass each time, and it almost cost us at least once.

His isn't amazing but it's a significant improvement on Joe's.

Good fella to have around but fuck me he's got an awkward style. There's also a distinct lack of interest for his services elsewhere which tells its own tale for me.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Good fella to have around but fuck me he's got an awkward style. There's also a distinct lack of interest for his services elsewhere which tells its own tale for me.

Nail on the head GDB. I like the lad but clubs aren't exactly breaking the door down to sign him.

Wish he'd catch crosses like Joe, but no one can talk about his shot stopping.

That save against Arsenal in the early minutes of the CC was as good as you'll ever see.

And last night, he protected the corners o the goals. That's incredible FFS.

After last night, his agent will certainly receiving some phone calls.

blinkblue said:
117 M34 said:
blinkblue said:

I love Joe but he really needs to work on these things, I'm sure Pellegrini has told him as much and has the coaches working on it.[/quote

I know how he does that holding up thing and its as you said, to their advantage. Then he kicks it when we are all marked up or into touch. He is a great shot stopper,though his overall game can be improved. A new goalkeeping coach will start and see these aspects.

-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 pm --

blinkblue said:
117 M34 said:
blinkblue said:

I love Joe but he really needs to work on these things, I'm sure Pellegrini has told him as much and has the coaches working on it.[/quote<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:20 pm --<br /><br />Ignore the last post , I have not mastered the new format yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.