Paradise Papers Leak

Have you not noticed a trend with @SWP's back yet? He does this to posters he doesnt like. Quite clearly attempted to sabotage the thread by spreading lies about myself. He doesnt even fucking know me.

@Ric you can deal with this.......again!
Sorry dude, I’m not getting involved in personal beefs.
My comments, which you’ve quoted, we’re posted in general terms, rather than aimed at a particular poster.
I guess some dudes like to project alpha male dominance. I’m sure you can handle yourself. ;-)

Exactly, well said. The rest of us have to make up the shortfall. As for corporations who sell here but avoid tax, do their employees not use roads, schools, nhs ?

When you say "avoid tax", could you be more explicit?

Because I think you'll find all these companies remit VAT, PAYE and employee/employer National Insurance contributions.

He edited his post so he didnt look......
Im abritish citizen who moved here 6 years ago and not a resident here.
Yeah. That still means you’re a resident thicky.

Citizenship, residency and domicile are three different things.

For example, I’m British citizen, Qatar resident and UK domicile.

Residency is the country you pay your tax if you have a job. For you, that’s Australia.

Ric you can deal with this.......again!
Just so you know, Ric hasn’t said a thing to me about you ever so I’m not sure where you get your ‘again’. The only thing I’ve seen happen is you have weird threads removed.

Do you have anything to say on topic at all?

You have taken nationality then?
moustaches-walrus.jpg

When you say "avoid tax", could you be more explicit?

Because I think you'll find all these companies remit VAT, PAYE and employee/employer National Insurance contributions.
Yes they do, but they pay little or no corporation tax. They use various methods. For example, Starbucks buy all their coffee from subidiary based in Holland, which has an arrangement with the Dutch government. This "cost" reduces their UK corporation tax liability. Similarly, Amazon claim that all their UK sales are fulfilled by an Irish company, which also has an arrangement. Ikea pay for intellectual property to their subsidiary in Monaco, tax rate 5%. They transferred all rights in their products to their own subsidiary, the royalties again reduce their UK corporation tax.
While these companies pay unavoidable taxes in the UK such as national insurance, they avoid corporation tax on their profits. Note that PAYE is paid by the employee not the company. Amazon tried your argument in the select committee hearings and got short shrift. It is indefensible, whatever sophistry you try to use.

Yes they do, but they pay little or no corporation tax. They use various methods. For example, Starbucks buy all their coffee from subidiary based in Holland, which has an arrangement with the Dutch government. This "cost" reduces their UK corporation tax liability. Similarly, Amazon claim that all their UK sales are fulfilled by an Irish company, which also has an arrangement. Ikea pay for intellectual property to their subsidiary in Monaco, tax rate 5%. They transferred all rights in their products to their own subsidiary, the royalties again reduce their UK corporation tax.
While these companies pay unavoidable taxes in the UK such as national insurance, they avoid corporation tax on their profits. Note that PAYE is paid by the employee not the company. Amazon tried your argument in the select committee hearings and got short shrift. It is indefensible, whatever sophistry you try to use.
Bravo sir, very well put.

Well said mate.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.