parents who........

citykev28 said:
stage one complete, well done. now, admit I'm alright calling my son mate on father son days out and by his surname on the football pitch.

Listen, you miss understand my point. I have no problems with peoples surnames. What I'm trying to say is many new age/chavy/half witted parents call their kids a name that is ACTUALLY a surname not a forename.....

So I would regularly hear names like:

Kennedy
Tyson
Tyler
Miller
Robson
etc etc etc

Its an American thing..remember the character in the film sixth sense? Cole!!!!

The sort of name you would hear now in Britain...its pathetic. Sometimes i wish our country would take the good things about the U.S.A. good service, manners, go get em work ethic, not the crap ones like stupid names and glamorizing criminals.....

Calling your son "mate" nope sorry i know i may sound pedantic but a child shouldn't be an equal, he/she should be cared for, loved, encouraged but bottom line..........kept in his/her place until the years allow a equal footing with adults..........

brass neck said:
citykev28 said:
stage one complete, well done. now, admit I'm alright calling my son mate on father son days out and by his surname on the football pitch.

Listen, you miss understand my point. I have no problems with peoples surnames. What I'm trying to say is many new age/chavy/half witted parents call their kids a name that is ACTUALLY a surname not a forename.....

Kennedy
Tyson
Tyler
Miller
Robson
etc etc etc

The sort of name you would hear now in Britain...its pathetic. Sometimes i wish our country would take the good things about the U.S.A. good service, manners, go get em work ethic, not the crap ones like stupid names and glamorizing criminals.....

Calling your son "mate" nope sorry i know i may sound pedantic but a child shouldn't be an equal, he/she should be cared for, loved, encouraged but bottom line..........kept in his/her place until the years allow a equal footing with adults..........

Again, how does Summerbee grab you? is this acceptable seeing as it's City?

buzzer1 said:
brass neck said:

Kennedy
Tyson
Tyler
Miller
Robson
etc etc etc

Well its a surname isn't it!!! A great surname, one that makes any city fan grow an inch......but bottom line.......its a surname. If you like it that much to be totaly honest....id recommend deed pole!

brass neck said:
buzzer1 said:

Well its a surname isn't it!!! A great surname, one that makes any city fan grow an inch......but bottom line.......its a surname. If you like it that much to be totaly honest....id recommend deed pole!

Thats my Girls name, so maybe she will fuk it off when she is older and call herself

Rosler. :)

buzzer1 said:
brass neck said:

Thats my Girls name, so maybe she will fuk it off when she is older and call herself

is it alright if the name can be a first name as well as a surname.

Being a parent is not about ticking boxes. It's about giving the child a sense of self worth and watching them turn into a decent human being.

spanish blue said:
buzzer1 said:

is it alright if the name can be a first name as well as a surname.

What like, Lee Lee? or dare i say it, neville neville? what d'ya mean mate?

mackenzie said:
Being a parent is not about ticking boxes. It's about giving the child a sense of self worth and watching them turn into a decent human being.
Spot on. It is also about letting them learn things they want to learn not what they are just taught at school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.