Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Don't see any problem with Joshua being excluded.... I mean he has probably brought misery and suffering to many others.... and now he can live a life of luxury. Each case on its own merits. If you have inflicted pain and suffering on others especially for your own pleasure or profit then no.... FUCK RIGHT OFF.

Well I'm not disagreeing. But I think either olympics either ban all ex convicts or don't. Judging each case on their own merits in this kind of scenario would probably end up with organisers never being out of court due to people appealing when a rule is not set in stone.

It has to be one or the other. And if there's no rule on it then the countries should decide.

Anyone else struggling with the BBC coverage? Seems a bit hap hazard to me cannot seem to find specific sports... only two (sometimes three) live channels that seem to have sports like volleyball or handball when there are more appropriate home sports available... cannot seem to find a decent schedule of programming,
Plus there doesn't seem to be a red button function.
I'm sure last two olympics you could go into red button and have a whole menu of all the current sports...

... or am i just doing something wrong? A highly likely scenario?

Anyone else struggling with the BBC coverage? Seems a bit hap hazard to me cannot seem to find specific sports... only two (sometimes three) live channels that seem to have sports like volleyball or handball when there are more appropriate home sports available... cannot seem to find a decent schedule of programming,
I'm sure last two olympics you could go into red button and have a whole menu of all the current sports...

BBC doesn’t have the full rights anymore, can only show two live events at once. You’ll need Discover plus (£3.99 for the month) to see everything and anything.

Bbc only has a small portion of live coverage, discovery+ has it all for 3.99 a month.

Last edited:

The BBC can only have 2 concurrent live feeds going on as Eurosport/Discovery + have the main rights.

Thanks AHT, Claytop and Bluesmith.

I never checked (but now have) as I thought my licence fee would have covered that... not really VFM is it?

Thanks AHT, Claytop and Bluesmith.

I never checked (but now have) as I thought my licence fee would have covered that... not really VFM is it?

Not their fault. The IOC sold the rights to Discovery before Rio.

And the BBC will be just spending less licence fee money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.