Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

No same deal as last time.

£6.99 for Discovery+ for a month if you want to watch the lot.
Signed up tonight and they have an offer on for for 3.99 per month until the end of the year. I've thought about signing up for a while and that's cheap enough, if it's no good I'll get about 6 times as much live coverage as the bbc across supposedly 55+ streams for next to nowt.

As usual I'll share my GB Schedule:

Team GB Schedule
Sat 27th July

Some times might not be bang on but more a reflection of when the event starts i.e. the Cycling time trial where the athletes will go off staggered.

08:00 - Shooting - Mixed Team - 10m Air Rifle - S McIntosh/MBargeron
09:00 - Hockey - Men's - Groups - Great Britain v Spain
09:10 - Badminton - Men's Doubles - Chia/Sohn (MAS) v Lane/Vendy (GBR)
10:00 - Artistic Gymnastics - Men's Qualification - J Fraser, L Whitehouse, H Hepworth, J Jarman, M Whitlock
10:00 - Diving - Womens's Synchronised 3m Springboard - FINAL - Y Harper, S Mew Jensen
10:00 - Swimming - 100m Butterfly - Women's - Heats - KL MacInnes
10:18 - Equestrian - Team & Individual Dressage - T McEwen
10:30 - Swimming - 100m Butterfly - Heats - J Wilby, A Peaty
11:00 - Rowing - Womens's Double Sculls - M Hodgkins Byrne, R Wilde
11:00 - Tennis - Men's Singles - Jack Draper (GBR) v Kei Nishikori (JPN)
11:15 - Swimming - Women's 4 x 100m freestyle - Great Britain
11:26 - Swimming - Men's 4 x 100m freestyle - Great Britain
11:30 - Rowing - Men's Quadruple Sculls - Heats - Great Britain
11:50 - Rowing - Men's Quadruple Sculls - Heats - Great Britain
13:00 estimate, follows Draper v Nishikori - Tennis - Men's Singles - Gallon Griekspoor (NED) v Cameron Norrie (GBR)
13:30 - Cycling Road - Women's Time Trial - FINAL - A Henderson
14:00 - Canoe Slalom - Men's Canoe Single - Heats 1st Run - A Burgess
14:27 - Equestrian - Team & Individual Dressage - L Collett
15:00 estimate, follows Griekspoor v Norrie - Tennis - Men's Singles - Moez Echargui (TUN) v Evans (GBR)
15:00 estimate - follows 2 matches - Tennis - Women's Singles - Anna Schmiedlova (SVK) v Kate Boulter (GBR)
15:00 - Canoe Slalom - Kayak Single - Heats 1st Run - K Woods
15:00 til the evening - Judo - No Info but there Will be British involvement
15:32 - Cycling Road - Men's Indigidual Time Trial - FINAL - J Tarling
16:10 - Canoe Slalom - Men's Canoe Single - Heats 2nd Run - A Burgess
17:10 - Canoe Slalom - Kayak Single - Heats 2nd Run - K Woods
17:21 - Equestrian - Team & Individual Dressage - R Canter
19:00 - Boxing - Women's 54kg - Round of 32 - Charley Davidson (GBR) v Hatice Akbas (TUR)
19:30 - Swimming - 100m Butterfly - Women's - Semifinals - KL MacInnes
20:12 - Swimming - Men's 100m Breaststroke - Semifinals - A Peaty
20:34 - Swimming - Women's 4 x 100m freestyle - FINAL - Great Britain
20:44 - Swimming - Men's 4 x 100m freestyle - FINAL - Great Britain

What else is on?
Your providing an invaluable service fella as always.

It was as if the organisers hadn’t bothered telling the broadcasters who was going to be taking the flame. It was ‘that looks like x’ ‘yes I think it is’ ‘oh look that’s y passing it to z.’
Plus they didn’t seem to know what new delight was coming next.
It wasn’t too bad but not a patch on London or Beijing.
A heck of a lot of organising had gone into it so kudos to them for that. Shame about the rain.I noticed that our own Prime Minister appeared to be one of the only ones prepared for rain with his GB Olympic kagoule/anorak with a rain hood. Well done Keir Starmer.
All in all I’m glad I recorded it and watched just the bits that didn’t seem too boring. :-)
I don’t envy the organisers sorting that out. They said they had a plan B wonder what that was? :-)

Saturday afternoons on our telly.
An ex girlfriends dad was really into it. So much so he would put the chair right up to the telly and he was so engrossed in it by the end of the bout, he and the chair would be at the other side of the lounge. Comical to watch a 18 stone Irishman going through the moves on a wing back.

Not a patch on London’s.I still love the 10 minutes when Redgrave brings the torch into the stadium and the kids run the torch round the track.
Anyway, best bit last night was the mechanical horse on the Seine, and the white horse across the bridge followed by the flags. looked fantastic
The rest, meh.

Obesity/gluttony really isn't something to be championed.

Not a patch on the London opening ceremony in 2012 directed by Danny Boyle at one third of the cost. He showed very well our nation's heritage (historical, scientific, sporting, social). Parts of Paris were okay (Parkour - extreme running over rooftops, Les Mis extracts re the revolution, skeletal horse ride on river) but come on a fashion catwalk parade with costumes only fit for scarecrows and bearded lady weirdos. Also too much dancing filler and Lady Gaga (WTF).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.