Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Yes absolutely it was meant to be a cross but I think it’s the quality of the ball that created the goal not the luck .
I’d say trade mark kdb .
agreed, the quality of the cross caused mayhem , nothing lucky about it, its floated, spinning and curling and in the back of the net.

It was 9 minutes +stoppage time, hardly "a lot".
Touche.

I'm elated that we're up 2-1 - with 2 away goals. This is a big advantage. Moreover, Gueye won't be present in our next UCL match due to the red card.

We're in perfect position to win this draw and advance to the finals - still, PSG are formidable.

Just being thick but looking at scenarios for next week.

any draw and we through
and win and we through
Lose 1-0 and we through

Lost 2-1 and it’s extra time
Lose 2-0 and we out
Lose 3-0 and we
Lose 3-1 and we out
Lose 3-2 and we out

we have to maximise our time with that ball again and only let them have it 30 percent if we can. Basically means that have 27 minutes with the ball to try and get 3 goals.

KdB's goal was not a fluke and owed little if anything to fortune. The goal resulted from a cross (yes!!!!) of pinpoint accuracy that put Kaylor Navas i n an almost impossible position. When crossing from deep you have to angle the cross for the big men in the middle to attack while aiming for as near as possible to the far post, ideally so that an untouched cross goes in off the post. The goalkeeper dare not move to his far post in case someone does get a touch on the ball and ends up scrambling to make his ground when no-one does: the nearer the ball is to the post the less chance he has of making a save. KdB's cross was absolutely perfect - but, of course, it can't possibly have been intentional! In fact, it's maximising the chances. Well done, Kev - yet again.

its not just the line, its the length and the pace. He's got to land it just on that spot so that the centre backs have a good chance of getting on the end of it. if it goes through on the full Navas can go far post and collect. and If he floats it in Navas has time to come out and punch or catch. The key to the goal is that by the time Navas knows he has to deal with it because no one's getting on the end of it its too late.

It's perfect.

Advantage City!

But it's far from over of course - I rate PSG as, by far, the 2nd-best side in the C/L this year. We've got them on the ropes for sure - but slip ups, chance, or misfortune could easily see us losing the tie.

Play well and perchance avoid bad luck - and we should be through to the final.

Just being thick but looking at scenarios for next week.

any draw and we through
and win and we through
Lose 1-0 and we through

Lost 2-1 and it’s extra time
Lose 2-0 and we out
Lose 3-0 and we
Lose 3-1 and we out
Lose 3-2 and we out

we have to maximise our time with that ball again and only let them have it 30 percent if we can. Basically means that have 27 minutes with the ball to try and get 3 goals.
Best chance for them is probably 2-0 from breakaway goals after us missing chances as I believe we’ll try and keep possession and end up with around 2/3 of it

Watched it on City+ and at the end of the first half the commentator is giving his thoughts as the players walk off. Right at the end, he stops talking and just before the footage switches to the 2nd half you hear a player (think it's Kyle Walker) say "... You're marking space; I'm marking two men!"

Wonder who that was aimed at...
It was probably John, you can see them talking about it at around 12:29 here as they're walking in. They're about to start arguing and Dias says 'hey come inside, come inside'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.