Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

It's not a fluke, but it is fortunate, as it's clearly a cross, and Stones very close to getting there.

If we defended that badly it would be slated on here, like their goal was, one of three free headers from corners in the first half, luckily they only got one on target, same "bad" defending.
Yes absolutely it was meant to be a cross but I think it’s the quality of the ball that created the goal not the luck .
I’d say trade mark kdb .

Yes absolutely it was meant to be a cross but I think it’s the quality of the ball that created the goal not the luck .
I’d say trade mark kdb .
remember beckham scoring an identical one, it was hailed as "genius" , never questioned , shown over and over on the red-tops and sky. compare and contrast, "fluke", goal-keeper disaster, etc, for KdB, ..... well f'kem .....

Keep thinking back to that Spurs Ajax game and don’t want them within a sniff of been able to get a third away goal, just pass the ball across the back four and Eddie for 90 mins if that’s what it takes.

It's not a fluke, but it is fortunate, as it's clearly a cross, and Stones very close to getting there.

If we defended that badly it would be slated on here, like their goal was, one of three free headers from corners in the first half, luckily they only got one on target, same "bad" defending.
Yeah I agree with this the most. They were lucky goals on our part, but they weren't unlucky goals on PSG's part.

Hence PSG don't deserve any sympathy over them.

Watched it on City+ and at the end of the first half the commentator is giving his thoughts as the players walk off. Right at the end, he stops talking and just before the footage switches to the 2nd half you hear a player (think it's Kyle Walker) say "... You're marking space; I'm marking two men!"

Wonder who that was aimed at...

Watched it on City+ and at the end of the first half the commentator is giving his thoughts as the players walk off. Right at the end, he stops talking and just before the footage switches to the 2nd half you hear a player (think it's Kyle Walker) say "... You're marking space; I'm marking two men!"

Wonder who that was aimed at...
Tbh it’s normally two women for Kyle

Last edited:
remember beckham scoring an identical one, it was hailed as "genius" , never questioned , shown over and over on the red-tops and sky. compare and contrast, "fluke", goal-keeper disaster, etc, for KdB, ..... well f'kem .....

He scored one last year in a similar position at the Etihad I think, can’t remember what game it was but think we ended up losing. Quality on the delivery puts it right in the danger zone, will take another one of them 5 minutes in on Tuesday night to settle the nerves.

KdB's goal was not a fluke and owed little if anything to fortune. The goal resulted from a cross (yes!!!!) of pinpoint accuracy that put Kaylor Navas i n an almost impossible position. When crossing from deep you have to angle the cross for the big men in the middle to attack while aiming for as near as possible to the far post, ideally so that an untouched cross goes in off the post. The goalkeeper dare not move to his far post in case someone does get a touch on the ball and ends up scrambling to make his ground when no-one does: the nearer the ball is to the post the less chance he has of making a save. KdB's cross was absolutely perfect - but, of course, it can't possibly have been intentional! In fact, it's maximising the chances. Well done, Kev - yet again.

People say kdb‘s goal was a fluke shot but no one talks about that top spin laser guided pin point drop ball that ruined psg defenders and navas career and made them look like sunday pub league players.
Yes i’ll take that fluke goal everyday.
We have had atleast two free kicks hit the wall in games prior to mahrez hit one through.
One was Sterling. The other might have been de Bruyne or Gundog.
Which made me think we were trying for the gap in the wall.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.