Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL - Tue 28 Sep 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their squad is much better this season. They've signed Donnarumma, Hakimi, Wijnaldum, Messi and Ramos (even though he's injured for the first game, he'll be back for the second).

I don't really disagree with anything else you've said. But if any one of Messi, Mbappe or Neymar has a special game they'll beat us tonight.
And if one of Mahrez, Foden, DeBruyne, etc has a special game we can comfortably beat them.

It’s a tough one to call and so much quality in both sides but I think we have the edge when it comes to work rate

Quite surprised that they're 2/1 with most bookies tonight tbh, given home advantage and that front three.

Its because, despite their superstar individuals they don’t play as a team and at the moment aren’t playing that well. Playing against weak French sides isn’t great for them either as suddenly what they are used to doing every week doesn’t work.

Classic manager's problem. Two tough PL fixtures sandwiching a hard CL away fixture. How to handle resources? Give the CL game lower priority? Oh so hard for Pep. I have no idea what he will do or what the best course thru this period is. That's what we pay him for. Anyone complaining about the selections really needs to shut it. Best of luck with this one, Pep.

Given their mighty attack, I fancy Pep may play a back five of Cancelo-Laporte-Dias-Stones-Walker and rely more on our counter-attacking prowess than usual.
lol imagine Pep relying on counter. I think its most likely for Manure to win the champions league than for Pep to play counter

Lets 'ave it , whoever plays needs to give it the same energy as sat and stay away from the diving three upfront , worst in the business for that , worst even than dips

Might as well go for it tonight. A win tonight would almost certainly give us breathing room going into the final pair of fixtures of the group stage, which could ultimately be worth more points in the PL than resting players just for the game at Anfield.

And if one of Mahrez, Foden, DeBruyne, etc has a special game we can comfortably beat them.

It’s a tough one to call and so much quality in both sides but I think we have the edge when it comes to work rate
The four best players in our's and PSG's squads are probably Messi, KDB, Neymar and Mbappe. I think the next four or five are all City players, but their front three is comfortably the best in the world.

Mahrez and Foden, despite being excellent players aren't on the same level as Neymar, Mbappe and Messi, and yes they can win games for us, but not on the same level, or as consistently as say, Messi. We will outwork them and I think we're favourites, but credit where it's due, they're hardly a bad side.

Classic manager's problem. Two tough PL fixtures sandwiching a hard CL away fixture. How to handle resources? Give the CL game lower priority? Oh so hard for Pep. I have no idea what he will do or what the best course thru this period is. That's what we pay him for. Anyone complaining about the selections really needs to shut it. Best of luck with this one, Pep.
When it's the Champions League and Premier League the obvious option is to play your best available XI for every game, then worry about the consequences if and when they happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.