Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Will the doubters of today kindly admit they were well off the pace today.

Great domination of a so called elite laden side shows we can win this trophy and without 4 players that would have either started or played a large part in this game.

Well done Pep and well done team and well done all the supporters that fronted tonight.

Great to be Blue once again.
I'd like to hear from that weird "I'm not bothered about the Champions League" sect. One of the joyless twats collared me in the bar beforehand and I had to move away. After first of all informing me that the stand was full of PSG fans and it was going to kick off, he then said "I just can't get excited about games like this".

WTF? Surely every Blue now must be absolutely loving seeing us pit ourselves against the best players, teams and managers in the world.

Kevin played at Stamford Bridge, PSG, Anfield, Old Trafford, we were great with him as well. I think the team performance at Stamford Bridge was probably better than last night. To go to the ground of the CL winners and force them to defend like a small club was pretty special as well. PSG are nowhere near Chelsea defensively wise, it was easier for us to attack and create chances. Football was more beautiful last night because PSG can't defend like Chelsea, but the performance wasn't necessarily better. In short, we play some great stuff with Kevin in there, and he wasn't even in form when we went to Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool.
The team last night were very well balanced. Everyone knew their jobs and by and large did it extremely well.
But in an ideal world where everyone is fit, would anyone really see a problem in putting Kev in for Zinchenko and Phil in for Raheem.

I'd like to hear from that weird "I'm not bothered about the Champions League" sect. One of the joyless twats collared me in the bar beforehand and I had to move away. After first of all informing me that the stand was full of PSG fans and it was going to kick off, he then said "I just can't get excited about games like this".

WTF? Surely every Blue now must be absolutely loving seeing us pit ourselves against the best players, teams and managers in the world.
Did it (kick off) Dave?

Proper weirdos mate. Fucking love this competition, can’t wait for the day we go all the way.

Didsbury you are spot on however for too many its dependant on the outcome which is rather petty considering.

Of course we would have loved to have won our first last year but if you get to the knockout stages each year eventually that door opens.

I think too many of the older brigade such as myself knowing what it was like to support us for most of our lives still in the back of their minds believe we don't belong as there is a need to submit to the past.

I could be wrong but I think they are missing the enjoyment of the game and also as you say pitting ourselves on what is on offer in Europe.

Last night was as good a win as I have seen with us playing on the big stage as well as I have seen considering we had a weakened squad.

if you didn't get a thrill out of that performance and result then maybe your in the wrong game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.