Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

I'd like to hear from that weird "I'm not bothered about the Champions League" sect. One of the joyless twats collared me in the bar beforehand and I had to move away. After first of all informing me that the stand was full of PSG fans and it was going to kick off, he then said "I just can't get excited about games like this".

WTF? Surely every Blue now must be absolutely loving seeing us pit ourselves against the best players, teams and managers in the world.
Proper weirdos mate. Fucking love this competition, can’t wait for the day we go all the way.
How anyone who calls themselves a City fan can't be bothered about ANY competition that we are in I will never, ever understand. OK if you can't afford all the matches fair enough, I've been there myself, but to not be bothered astounds me.

It is City, it is football, it matters!! Sorry just can't get my head round it as they say!
COME ON CITY, SHOW 'EM, SHOW 'EM ALL. Whoops left the caps lock on.......... ok not accidentally but on purpose!! ;-)

Did it fuck. There weren't even any PSG fans that I was aware of. Quite a few half and half scarfers and a weird geezer with a load of Messi merchandise on, but Mr Miserable appeared to exist in a parellel universe.
Lol a fantasist, we used to call them war correspondents back in the day, always seeing and imagining it kicking off, but never actually there when it did

How anyone who calls themselves a City fan can't be bothered about ANY competition that we are in I will never, ever understand. OK if you can't afford all the matches fair enough, I've been there myself, but to not be bothered astounds me.

It is City, it is football, it matters!! Sorry just can't get my head round it as they say!
COME ON CITY, SHOW 'EM, SHOW 'EM ALL. Whoops left the caps lock on.......... ok not accidentally but on purpose!! ;-)
Well said EB. 62 years old (so only a whippersnapper compared to some!) and I still get sheffield united (excited) about every single game

Didsbury you are spot on however for too many its dependant on the outcome which is rather petty considering.

Of course we would have loved to have won our first last year but if you get to the knockout stages each year eventually that door opens.

I think too many of the older brigade such as myself knowing what it was like to support us for most of our lives still in the back of their minds believe we don't belong as there is a need to submit to the past.

I could be wrong but I think they are missing the enjoyment of the game and also as you say pitting ourselves on what is on offer in Europe.

Last night was as good a win as I have seen with us playing on the big stage as well as I have seen considering we had a weakened squad.

if you didn't get a thrill out of that performance and result then maybe your in the wrong game.
You say weakened squad, but I see it as just not a full squad to chose from because that was certainly not a weakened team we had on the pitch last night. Yes, the missing players (KDB, Foden, Grealish and arguably Torres) are all world class, but we still had enough strength in that team to beat a very good PSG side.

You say weakened squad, but I see it as just not a full squad to chose from because that was certainly not a weakened team we had on the pitch last night. Yes, the missing players (KDB, Foden, Grealish and arguably Torres) are all world class, but we still had enough strength in that team to beat a very good PSG side.
Don't get me wrong TMT in fact I agree with your sentiment 100 per cent , I probably chose a few poor words which is why I said squad but your point is well made.

Well said EB. 62 years old (so only a whippersnapper compared to some!) and I still get sheffield united (excited) about every single game
In that added time last night I looked at my Fitbit to make sure they only played the 3 minutes (those refs can be cheats!!) and my heart rate was 110!! But it's ok because the paramedic ladies are well aware that I carry my Epipen!! They are part of the City family. Both support the best team in the land in all the world.

That's the exciting thing.

That attacking midfield five could easily have been one that we put out for a league cup match and was in no way our strongest. Our level doesn't drop any more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.