Paris Saint-Germain (H) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Emotionally drained. It's been a long hard slog to get there but here we are actually in a Champions league final. Standing at Wembley in 1999 0-2 down to Gillingham with minutes to go and even a few years later this was as unlikely as taking a trip to the moon. What a journey since 2008, 12 trophies in the bag and counting. Incredible. I remember our last European final in 1970 against Gornik Zabrze which we won 2-1. In true typical City fashion it clashed with the FA cup final replay between Chelsea and Leeds so it wasn't shown live. Instead we got highlights on Sports night with Coleman. Thankfully my dad let me stay up to watch it, played in pouring rain before ,6,000 fans. We would have won it the following year but a load of injuries meant we lost to Chelsea in the semi final.

The bastards at UEFA and the G14 have tried everything to stop us and made many of us fall out of love with the competition as a result. Still here we are, a shame fans won't be there but if we lift that trophy in a few weeks it won't matter a jot. Well done City!

Angel di maria
Born in Rosario, Argentina in February 1988. Has played for some of Europes biggest teams and Manchester united. Also Played the part of Splinter in the Ninja Turtle movie trilogy and was cast just ahead of Bruno Fernandes in the lead role in the 2007 blockbuster Ratatouille.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.