Paris Saint-Germain (H) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Woke up at 5. Knew I wouldn't sleep.
So I lay in bed, thinking about a warm late summer evening, as I remember it, many moons ago, when I stood on the Kippax and saw us play a naive football match against the not-very-terrifying Fenerbahce. First contact with European competition, and it was clear that my heroes — Bell, Young, Summerbee, Heslop and all the others — didn't really know what they were doing. I couldn't understand it. It's just the same game, played against eleven opponents, with an inflatable ball on grass, isn't it? Why weren't they sweeping them away? This team that, I will admit, I'd never heard of.
We didn't go out that night. We went out in the return leg, in Istanbul.

We're going back to Istanbul. Life comes round. But never in exactly the same way.

Woke up at 5. Knew I wouldn't sleep.
So I lay in bed, thinking about a warm late summer evening, as I remember it, many moons ago, when I stood on the Kippax and saw us play a naive football match against the not-very-terrifying Fenerbahce. First contact with European competition, and it was clear that my heroes — Bell, Young, Summerbee, Heslop and all the others — didn't really know what they were doing. I couldn't understand it. It's just the same game, played against eleven opponents, with an inflatable ball on grass, isn't it? Why weren't they sweeping them away? This team that, I will admit, I'd never heard of.
We didn't go out that night. We went out in the return leg, in Istanbul.

We're going back to Istanbul. Life comes round. But never in exactly the same way.
Hahaha I'm the same mate can't fucking sleep and I've got no work today.

Cracking display, our maturity level and confidence is rising by the game.

The phil and kev show is starting to look like Torvill and Dean. Thought Gundo had a bit of a quiet evening by his own high standards but all in all we were in cruise control.

Drink it in blues.

Outstanding result and a wonderful achievement by everyone at this club.

The turnaround over the last 12 years has been incredible to witness and thank you to everyone involved.

The way Pep has very quietly rebuilt this team over the last year almost unnoticed is again incredible.

Finally a message to Gary Neville, the last few years must have taken one hell of a toll on you, hopefully the events of last night will have pushed you over the edge you rat faced twat.

You really have to hand it to Mahrez, he’s stepped up recently.
Foden will win a ballon door in the future, there’s not a chance he can’t be one of the best in the world.

The sheer belief and conviction shown by zinchenko should be a lesson to every young footballer on how to push themselves, he’s here because he believes in himself, and he deserves to be.

Good win, all we need to do now is finish the job! I smell a treble
The hunger Mahrez has shown is incredible, the first name on the team sheet at this time and that takes some doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.