Parker about City

Blue Elmo said:
Silva is the man who needs to be playing in the middle off of tevez and adebayor . I think then we will have a creative force in silva creating opportunities for two strikers who score goals for fun also if you move milner into the middle I believe you will get more out of him . I'm not a fan of the formation mancini has been playing as I don't feel we have enough going forward . Tevez has to come deep and yaya primarily isn't an attacking midfield player but he has done well going forward , for me he is box to box . Silva for me is ideal to be in that midfield , with yaya , milner and NDJ all playing narrow , central roles . I would like to see Silva and adebayor start against blackburn and we can kick on again from there

That's just not going to happen though, not just with Mancini but with any sensible manager - it's suicide to have two attacking players in central areas that offer so little defensive protection, to go along with a winger who tracks back(sometimes) but but is naive in doing so. Even ignoring that, are your wingers strong enough for that to work? They're the most important attacking components with such a narrow midfield in the end. Can Boateng/Richards handle that much responsibility for your attacking play? I don't think so.

I think all Mancini has to do is play Milner in centre mid in the easier games and you'll immediately be a more threatening team, with the current problems at right back that probably means dropping Barry temporarily and moving Toure back a bit, with De Jong possibly being dropped once Boateng settles into the team, and then that only leaves the choice of who to play on the left wing with Balotelli and Silva offering a nice bit of variety.

Brwned said:
Blue Elmo said:
Silva is the man who needs to be playing in the middle off of tevez and adebayor . I think then we will have a creative force in silva creating opportunities for two strikers who score goals for fun also if you move milner into the middle I believe you will get more out of him . I'm not a fan of the formation mancini has been playing as I don't feel we have enough going forward . Tevez has to come deep and yaya primarily isn't an attacking midfield player but he has done well going forward , for me he is box to box . Silva for me is ideal to be in that midfield , with yaya , milner and NDJ all playing narrow , central roles . I would like to see Silva and adebayor start against blackburn and we can kick on again from there

That's just not going to happen though, not just with Mancini but with any sensible manager - it's suicide to have two attacking players in central areas that offer so little defensive protection, to go along with a winger who tracks back(sometimes) but but is naive in doing so. Even ignoring that, are your wingers strong enough for that to work? They're the most important attacking components with such a narrow midfield in the end. Can Boateng/Richards handle that much responsibility for your attacking play? I don't think so.

Boateng definately can and Kolarov on the other side.

Sabster said:
Brwned said:

Boateng definately can and Kolarov on the other side.

Boateng? The converted centre back? He's like Wes Brown going forward, decent but not someone you'd want playing an important role in your attacking game, IMO.

I've no idea why people - United fans also - think he's particularly good going forward, he looked most impressive when played centrally and doesn't have the mentality nor the skill to be a de facto winger which is essentially what he'll become when the team's in attack in that setup. He played well for Germany as a fullback but I think people are jumping to conclusions based on very little evidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.