Parker wins Football Writer's Award

Manc in London said:
Typical British journalist mentality: trier/hardworking = great footballer.

Tevez, De Jong, Kompany, Nasri, Modric, Nani and Vidic have all been better.

Totally agree. Parker is brilliant and has carried West Ham singlehandly at times this season. However, to say he has been the best 'footballer' this season is a bit silly. His workrate, stamina, and his ability to take control of a game is great but in terms of footballing ability, Nasri, Modric, Fabregas, Kompany, Vidic, Silva and Tevez have been miles ahead.

i think this is a disgrace. At best he is just above average; a decent engine not much else. Not only did he fail at Chelsea he also failed at Newcastle. He hardly ever scores either.

More deserving than Bale over the full season..

Good player who's had a great, probably his best, season. I don't think there's any one player anywhere else that means more to his team at the moment... The other candidate on that measure would be Charlie Adam. Then probably Tevez. (I wonder if any of them will still be at their current clubs come next season?)

It's refreshing to see players outside the top clubs being recognised though, but it also shows the relative weakness of the traditional top 4 this year which has got to be a good thing for the league. Plus I don't think it means the league is weaker, in fact I'd say it makes it stronger and a lot more interesting. Long may it continue.

Blue Smarties said:
Parker deserves the award.
Ahead of tevez, Nani, Vidic, Kompany, Giggs, Drogba, Cole, Tim Howard, Leighton Baines, Van Der Vaart, De Jong, Berbatov?

Parker has had a good season, but this reward tells you more about the standard of football journalism than it does about the quality of Scott Parker's game.

Parker has had a good season, but he's not even the best midfield player, never mind player of the year, this award means the least of all, at least Bale won it from votes by his fellow pro's (though I wonder how many votes the Spurs players were given each).

cleavers said:
Parker has had a good season, but he's not even the best midfield player, never mind player of the year, this award means the least of all, at least Bale won it from votes by his fellow pro's (though I wonder how many votes the Spurs players were given each).

More over I wonder how many people when asked the question thought "Er..... Not been following much other football me.. that Bale lad had a stormer against Inter though, I'l put him down."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.