Parking Fine - despite paying for parking

I’ve got the proof. The point of the post was that I’ve parked there for games for the past 20 years and now this..looking to see if anyone else has had one and for suggestions for an alternative. Most responses are about how to get out of paying… I won’t be paying as I’ve got a receipt. For those cracking lines about being a rag…. My first game was away to Newcastle in 1968. We happened to win the title that day… I’m in my 56th season without a break…
Fuck them don’t pay it as some have posted they have no enforcement laws with their shite bits of paper especially when you have a receipt for parking they can do one the fucking chancers ..

I can't decide whether the people responding to the rag are actually better people than the ones who know it's a wind up. I think they are. Kudos generous blues.

I’m fucking stumped as well… I started the thread. What makes you think I’m a rag… I’m in my 56th year unbroken of following city. First game 1968..some strange fuckers on here..
Obviously you can account for the glory days of 68 and more recent times, but you are less clear on the 70s, 80s and 90s. This leaves a large rag (and possibly dipper) shaped hole in your otherwise plausible car park related cover story.

We park in a car park behind the athletics stadium. Been doing so for many years. I think its on Edwin Road. A fella called Lee manages it.

Over the past few years its almost doubled in price. We usually pay at the start of the season. We were informed at the end of last season that it was now being used for the Co-Op arena too and there would be limited spaces to pre-book for the season, the rest would be open but you would have to pay on a game by game basis online. It's £20.00 but the bastards also charge a £2.65 admin fee on top (don't get me started on that particular fucking issue)..... Paid for the last game and today received £100 parking fine with camera pics of my car entering and leaving. It's clearly all gone high tech and hence the prices being over £430.00 per season.

The car park is usually managed by a lad called Lee and he was there when we went in. I will obviously challenge this and have the email back after we paid online as proof, but I am fucked off in a big way. After using the same car park for over 20 years, being ripped off last season and it being increased again and then this...... I was just wondering if anyone else that uses that car park received a fine after paying for the last game, or was it just us?

As an aside, does anyone know any good car parks that side of the stadium. We travel over 50 miles to each game and need a reliable space, particularly for mid-week games where it can be tight on time getting there. Also need to get out quickly...

we park near clayton hall cheaper

On the link you posted look at the significant difference between a Parking Charge Notice (which I referred to earlier) and a Penalty Charge Notice.

The Penalty Charge Notice is a legal matter, issued by the police local authorities and is dealt with by the law - the Parking Charge Notice is a civil matter, issued by private companies. The company would need to take you to court and would need to convince a magistrate to make you pay it.

I’ve got the proof. The point of the post was that I’ve parked there for games for the past 20 years and now this..looking to see if anyone else has had one and for suggestions for an alternative. Most responses are about how to get out of paying… I won’t be paying as I’ve got a receipt. For those cracking lines about being a rag…. My first game was away to Newcastle in 1968. We happened to win the title that day… I’m in my 56th season without a break…
I challenged one as I’d put in the wrong registration number (we had two cars) I still had the parking ticket I paid for so challenged I’d paid with a picture if it send the time date, they rescinded the fine. There’s templates online to to do this it’s like a parking ominbudsman easily done.

We park in a car park behind the athletics stadium. Been doing so for many years. I think its on Edwin Road. A fella called Lee manages it.

Over the past few years its almost doubled in price. We usually pay at the start of the season. We were informed at the end of last season that it was now being used for the Co-Op arena too and there would be limited spaces to pre-book for the season, the rest would be open but you would have to pay on a game by game basis online. It's £20.00 but the bastards also charge a £2.65 admin fee on top (don't get me started on that particular fucking issue)..... Paid for the last game and today received £100 parking fine with camera pics of my car entering and leaving. It's clearly all gone high tech and hence the prices being over £430.00 per season.

The car park is usually managed by a lad called Lee and he was there when we went in. I will obviously challenge this and have the email back after we paid online as proof, but I am fucked off in a big way. After using the same car park for over 20 years, being ripped off last season and it being increased again and then this...... I was just wondering if anyone else that uses that car park received a fine after paying for the last game, or was it just us?

As an aside, does anyone know any good car parks that side of the stadium. We travel over 50 miles to each game and need a reliable space, particularly for mid-week games where it can be tight on time getting there. Also need to get out quickly...
Whereabouts do you live 50 miles away? Could be worth doing the Park and Ride on the tram, much cheaper but probably a bit slower.

You live 50 miles away for a start.

To be a City fan you must be able to see the blue lights on those roof support thingies from your front room!

Rag.

:).

Also a proper City fan would never own a car. Such a luxury item!

No we all hitch a ride on the back of a milk float, our faces all grubby from the textile mills, wearing our flat caps and singing "It's a long way to Tipperary".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.