Parking on matchday. Yes - I know it's boring.

bowdonblue

We usually park near Phillips Park Road (on far side of the athletics track from the stadium), but it then takes ages to get out of the traffic and away to South manchester (Alti/Hale). We usually get onto the Princess Parkway via the Mancunian Way.

Seems to me that it would be better to park further away from the ground if it means that we miss jams and get home quicker .... if anyone is still awake and can be bothered replying, any suggestions?

Blue Smarties said:
Richard said:
A secret parking place eh?

Shhh .....

elevated-hydraulic-car-park-lift1.jpg

eshiers1 said:
i live in sale, we park up by the mitchell arms, and we are usually back home 20/25 mins after full time, without missing any of the game

Cheers eshiers1 - can you get a season ticket for it, and either way how much is it to park for the game/season?

We part on a school car park/field, costs a fiver to park but it's secure and has attendants walking round all the time. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the ground and generally not too bad to get out of, unless you're parked at the back!

bowdonblue said:
We usually park near Phillips Park Road (on far side of the athletics track from the stadium), but it then takes ages to get out of the traffic and away to South manchester (Alti/Hale). We usually get onto the Princess Parkway via the Mancunian Way.

Seems to me that it would be better to park further away from the ground if it means that we miss jams and get home quicker .... if anyone is still awake and can be bothered replying, any suggestions?

You'll have a job missing after-match traffic no matter where you park , but you can probably make life a bit easier for yourselves.

For a start you're best parking on the side of the ground from where you approach it ..... so if i were you i'd park somewhere off Great Ancoats Street , Pollard or Every Street or even Ashton OLD Road itself and walk the 10 minutes or so to the ground .... there are organised car parks all across these and you can access the Mancunian way at the bottom of Ashton Old Road easily , it's just a continuation.

Or from Ashton Old Road you can turn left onto Devonshire Street .. just past the kings head pub turn right ..... if you do a right off the roundabout at the bottom of this road (near the park) it'll take you to the Mancunian Way slip road at Ardwick Green.

Either that or miss out the Mancunian Way altogether and head up say Ashton New Road (Or Ashton Old Road) towards the M60 junction just past Droylsden ..... and then head towards Stretford/Altrincham off that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.