Parking on matchday. Yes - I know it's boring.

This always makes me laugh.

People leave the match 10 minutes early to "Avoid the traffic" or run like hell to get to the car park to be first out of the car park. Or will park miles away so that they're not in the after match traffic.

But what's the big rush? Just why exactly do you need to be home in such a rush? Surely 47,000 people can't all be on a promise, or have something so urgent to do that it warrants missing part of the game? And is it worth such a long walk to get to the ground, when actually, the time spent getting out of breath and leg weary could be spent in a nice comfortable car, albeit not moving too fast?

Not sure if they still do it, but City used to open the bars after the game so that you could have a leisurely pint after the game and then wait until the traffic's cleared.

Even better, stay in your seat, or move to one closer to the tunnel and I daresay you'll get to watch the team warm down on the pitch afterwards, and if you're lucky, you might get to get a few autographs or photos. Especially with the players we now have. That's if the stewards let you stay.

Just a few thoughts. Must say traffic doesn't bother me at all really. I think it's all in the mind all this "Avoiding the traffic business".

What's the big deal anyway?

i'm from sale and park at the school on pollard street. takes about 20mins to walk to ground and back. then 20mins to get hme. parking is a fiver and u can buy a ticket for the seaon about 105 and that includes all cup games

Park at the ground now, used to park on grimshaw lane up from the kippax but some twat did the window and i've not parked on the road since. Decided that if i'm paying a fiver might as well give it the club and not really in a rush to get home normally anyway. Though it can be a pain with the young one at night matches.

I have never, ever left a game early and I don't see the point of missing probably the most active 10 minutes of a football game, how many goals last year in the league were scored in the last 10 minutes? Missing all that for the sake of traffic, I think not.

I don't always wanna get off early - love soaking all the atmosphere up after a win and don't mind taking my time.

Park on the Velodrome - fiver - safe as houses.

I park in St Brigid's School/Church on Grey Mare Lane, couple of minutes walk from Mary D's. £6 casual or you can get a season pass.

I never leave my seat before the end of a game and just count sitting in the traffic as part of the game lol.

Need to be OSC member but:
Sent: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:20

Subject: MATCH DAY CAR PARKING MCFC

Hi Kevin

I have just signed a licence for the above car park which is on Ashton New

Road. It is the old Ciba Geigy car park and will hold up to 400 spaces, tarmac and

is fully secure. It is less than 500m from the ground and is easy to access and

depart on match days We are also looking to secure an accreditation from mcfc

The car park was originally opened last season in Jan and I

have attached the website which is in the process of being updated.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfccarparking.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfccarparking.co.uk/</a>

We can offer the supporters club a discount on match day

parking and season tickets .We could also cater for the official supporter’s

club coaches if you have a requirement.

I am more than happy to come and meet you to discuss and or

show you the facilities on site

Regards

Ps the car park is run by true blues

Rick Davies

Director

Davies Harrison

3rd Floor, Fountain House,

83 Fountain Street,

Manchester, M2 2EE

Direct Line: 0161 237 1739

Mobile: 07831 658 804

email: rick
@daviesharrison.com

Disclaimer:

This email is confidential to the ordinary user of the email

address to which it was addressed and may contain privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender on 0161 236

9999 and delete the message without copying or using for any purpose as to do

so may be unlawful.Email is an informal method of communication and is subject

to possible data corruption, either accidentally or on purpose. For these

reasons it will normally be inappropriate to rely on important information

contained on email without obtaining written confirmation, except where we have

specifically agreed with you a system of electronic reporting. When addressed

to a client of Davies Harrison Limited any opinions or advice

contained in an e-mail are subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of

our engagement.

Bluebird1 said:
I park in St Brigid's School/Church on Grey Mare Lane, couple of minutes walk from Mary D's. £6 casual or you can get a season pass.

I never leave my seat before the end of a game and just count sitting in the traffic as part of the game lol.

Yeah , that car park is handy to the ground ...... can be real dodgy though leaving it at the end of the game when Grey Mare Lane is absolutely choc-a-bloc of supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.