Parking ticket...

stonerblue

my missus got a ticket for not displaying her blue badges 'in the prescribed manner' (one was upside down) whilst parked in a disabled space.

If she sends a cheque for the amount, plus 1p will it confuse the computers and result in the cheque not being cashed?

I'm sure this happened to us, all we had to do was send them a copy of the correct side of the badge and that was fine.

I find it stupid to be fined for this, especially when the "wrong side" is the side that actually has the picture of the disabled person, making you think it would be important.

you can't talk sense to anyone that deals with the appeals for parking tickets.

I got done in Bolton last year because I went into a shop to get some change for a pay and display machine. I was only 2 minutes and came out to find a ticket on my windscreen. Naturally I appealed this, but I was sent a letter telling me, and I quote because I was furious about this, "Your appeal is rejected on the grounds that you should have made adequate provision to pay for parking before you left your vehicle. Our decision is final"

Absolute jobsworths. Come the revolution, they will all be thrown off cliffs.

Trig

Seeing that it is a minor infringement of not showing Blue Badge in prescribed manner even though it was displayed is seen to be a slliy mistake rather than an attempt to avaoid a payment. Payment is not applicable anyway. I feel that if you wrote a grovelling appeal letter the ticket will be torn up and you will just be warned not to do it again.

stonerblue said:
my missus got a ticket for not displaying her blue badges 'in the prescribed manner' (one was upside down) whilst parked in a disabled space.

If she sends a cheque for the amount, plus 1p will it confuse the computers and result in the cheque not being cashed?

If it was upside down then they can't check the date to see if it's still valid. So they are well within their rights to issue a ticket. If she appeals, they will overturn it.

Fucking shitbag wank knobbing arse twats all of them......

I just got one and ended up chasing the dick around my car about 4 times....

It was like a Benny Hill show.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.