Parking ticket...

shadygiz said:
the old "sending a cheque for 1p more trick" is a myth mate

thought so.

I might refuse to pay it on the grounds that the ticket was upside down, the signature on the pcn wasn't within the box and it made it impossible to read the notice or the bag wasn't sealed and the pcn became illegible due to water damage.. All of which should be valid reasons if that's how they play.

the fiuckin bastard bastards

look mate trust me the guy who gave you the ticket probably knew it wasnt gonna hold up. but parking wardens are set a TARGET amount of fines becuase the council needs cash. kick up afuss and they will forget about it

supercity36 said:
look mate trust me the guy who gave you the ticket probably knew it wasnt gonna hold up. but parking wardens are set a TARGET amount of fines becuase the council needs cash. kick up afuss and they will forget about it

the company issueing the ticket is private and is contracted to Bury council (NSL). We appealed to them and they told us to refer it to the council as they cannot waive fines 'in mitigation' We appealed to the council and got a great big fuck off and give us your money letter this morning. Also, any further appeal will result in the fine being doubled (£70) as it's not paid within the 14 day 'discount' period.

Write this:

Dear Sir

Re:

We are disappointed that you have rejected our appeal against the parking penalty notice referenced above.
As you know, my wife is actually disabled and was therefore legally entitled to park in the allocated space. It is unfortunate that her blue badge was positioned slightly off centre and it is of course something we will ensure never happens again.

As I'm sure you are aware, disabled parking is sometimes difficult in ......since there are a limited number of allocated spaces,which sadly are often used for convenience by non diabled people. In protecting their proper use the county council (might be a borough?) do an excellent job. However, in this instance there was no intention to deceive or obscure - my wife being a disabled person with a legitimate need to use these spaces. I am sure it is not the council's intention to penalise disabled people for doing so. That being the case, I wonder whether, in this particular instance, the Council might reconsider its position in relation to this specific notice.

We appreciate your further consideration

In my experience there are a number of factors as to whether an appeal will work.

1. The actual place it's in. Some are bigger bastards than others. Some are actually quite common sensicle, whereas other just want the money.

2. How far you take it. If you take it to the nth degree, some places will just give in, others will let u spend a fortune in expenses in fighting it.

3. Forget about the cost doubling etc. If you show that you're appealing then that process shouldn't apply. You have a legitimate claim (it would seem) so on that basis, to charge double shouldn't apply. If you go to the personal hearing, and lose, then you should only have to pay the original fee.

But at some stage you will have to decide how much the fine is, and how much you will spend fighting it, and whether it's worth it. It's not a criminal conviction, and you don't get points on your licence, so thats for you to decide.

Not long ago I got my dad off a ticket for parking in a non disabled bay, although he showed his blue badge. Apparently blue badge holders had to park in the disabled spaces, or pay to park in the regular spaces. The disabled spaces had all gone so he just parked in the bay nearest the disabled bays showing his blue badge, although he didn't know about that rule because he was a visitor to the area. We got it revoked anyway.

You might want to also say about the hardship it will entail, should that be a factor.

Another top tip, get one of those leather/leatherette blue badge holders. That way the badge will always be displayed correctly. You could even mention that in the letter to prove that it won't happen again.

Good luck.

Where do you get these Blue Badges from ,everyone seems to have one nowadays, l want one....

Saw a big Heffer come waddling back to her 09 plate Focus , laden down with carrier bags after traipsing round the shops all day and her only ailment seemed to be that she was excessively fat....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.