Pass of the season!

Tricky_Trev said:
Everyone's entiled to their own opinion, but there are quite a few passes i rate higher than Silva's volley to Dzeko. My reasoning is that the gap between the rags defenders was so wide that the margin for error ws big compared to a lot of other passes we've seen this season. Silva could have underhit it or overhit it slightly and Dzeko would still have go on the end of it because he would have changed his run. Silva could also have hit it a couple of yards, maybe more, either to the left or right and it would still have put Dzeko through on goal.

That's why i rate his pass to Milner v Everton and Clichy's to Aguero at Wolves as better passes. There was no other way for the ball to find it's intended target.

I see the reasoning - but just the fact that Silva had no control of the ball prior to pass (volley) to me makes the gap between defenders almost irrelevant (yet it wasnt that big).
On of the best passes I've ever seen.

David Silva v Rags.

James Milner v Aston Villa (Played a cross field pass to Johnson, Milner made a run after playing a fabulous ball, Barry teed him up and Milner stuck it in the top corner).

Adam Johnson v Bolton, His back heel to Balotelli was brilliant.

Tevez back heel to Aguero for him to then smash the ball into the top corner!

Although Tevez pass to play Nasri in to score the winner against Chelsea was obviously a more important pass..

Not dissagreeing with any of the above, but would also throw in Milner to Dzeko v QPR away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.