Passion?

ethan23 said:
Is anyone else on here as passionless about England as me? (who's actually English) its wierd its like i want to show passion but i cant i think iv used it all up on city tbh i mean i couldn't even bring myself to cheer when we scored. I literally couldn't care less. All my mates were there proper cheering and singing but the only bit of passion i showed all game was to chant shauny's name when he came on.

strange, anyone else like me?

I feel the same, after watching England for years im quite frankly fed up of all the hype and being let down. I dont honestly believe we are capable of winning it so not expecting much in terms of success. I have enjoyed the games so far, especially the Germans last night, thought they were great, some real quality on show. Im looking forward to the fixtures coming out and getting the WC over so City can complete the transfer deals that may be on the offering.

Passion? Passion is what a Jack Russell shows to a chair leg. Its the most misused, abused comment in football. Committment to the cause, loyalty and resolve. I'm committed to England the country I love and its values, so I will show loyalty to them in terms of who I wish to win and I will in the face of the enemy (usually Germany, or the jocks), show resolve and continue to be loyal to those commitments.
However, I think what *issed me of the most was perma tan, costa del sol middle aged/middle earth *anker who kept going on about how *hit England are and then going about how shit England was in general. When to be more specific he just kept on the same vain. Thats the last time I take my uncle down the pub.

I dunno, so many things put me off throwing my back into supporting them. I just don't get the vibe, the 90 mins of mind-lock-down, the butterflies and the 'fear' that I get when i watch City. I do want them to win and would be tripping the light fandango if they did but it's just not the same.
What my poor attitude and lack of enthusaism boils down to is the attitude of the country and the media that revolves around it.

The media i forgive and ignore - They are c*nts all the time so so be it.

It's these Engerland fans with their stupidty, blind patrotism and unrealistic views on our national team. - Bang on about 66 as if that was the last time the World Cup was played. Slap up some St.Georges flags. Read the papers, believe the hype. Crowd into pubs where you can barely see the TV. Rinse and repeat every four years. None of that is patriotic. It's idiotic.

Get behind your team but be realistic. Stop letting yourselves get fed the one-sided propaganda that the pundits, The Star, The Sun etc, want you to get high on. Have your own opinion. We don't a have right to win it just cos we think it's "our game" and "our turn" and Wooney is Saint George personified. St George was a Palestinian or perhaps a Moor (sorry BNP knob heads) but he definitely wasn't a bin dipper with a head that looks like a hairy marshmalllow that's been coated in white dog shit.

The same ruling applies to Eurovison too. We will never see the likes of Cliff Richard or Bucks Fizz again. Live with it. Stop living in the past.

England games are often the opportunity for fans of small insignificant clubs to see the bright lights and the biggest stars so they care...others?

VOOMER said:
Passion? Passion is what a Jack Russell shows to a chair leg. Its the most misused, abused comment in football. Committment to the cause, loyalty and resolve. I'm committed to England the country I love and its values, so I will show loyalty to them in terms of who I wish to win and I will in the face of the enemy (usually Germany, or the jocks), show resolve and continue to be loyal to those commitments.
However, I think what *issed me of the most was perma tan, costa del sol middle aged/middle earth *anker who kept going on about how *hit England are and then going about how shit England was in general. When to be more specific he just kept on the same vain. Thats the last time I take my uncle down the pub.

i really get pissed off when fans think England should 34 goals to the good before half time becuase we are England, when asked why we should leading by that amount its because "we invented the game, we won in 66, we won 2 world wars, we have Wembley".

Im very proud of being English, i think the English race get knocked for all the wrong reasons, but WC time brings out the worse in a lot of people, it also brings out those fans who really got interested when the prem league came into being then suddenly claimed the game for themselves when many of us supported our national sport through the bad times, hooligan days and stadium disasters etc.

ethan23 said:
Is anyone else on here as passionless about England as me? (who's actually English) its wierd its like i want to show passion but i cant i think iv used it all up on city tbh i mean i couldn't even bring myself to cheer when we scored. I literally couldn't care less. All my mates were there proper cheering and singing but the only bit of passion i showed all game was to chant shauny's name when he came on.

strange, anyone else like me?

Yes Ethan, City would have taken over completely for me. Passion for City has shoved out passion for anyone else. I can't raise a cheer for any bugger else. The club is at a crossroads and on the verge of something amazing. England fades into insignificance for me by the day. I hope England win the World Cup (they won't) but I won't be losing any sleep one way or the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.