Past Managers you would have liked to see at City

You forgot the best of them all one Johnny Giles
I couldn’t think which category to put him in: clogger or player. Like Billy Bremner he was a bit of each. But Giles wasn’t as good as good as Bremner at either!

I couldn’t think which category to put him in: clogger or player. Like Billy Bremner he was a bit of each. But Giles wasn’t as good as good as Bremner at either!
Total Boll&x, Giles was the far superior player.

When Peter Reid was sacked, the rumour was that we were going to get the brightest young manager in the lower leagues - at the time many felt that was Martin O'Neil, who had just taken Wycombe up from the Conference. Much as I enjoyed Brian Horton's style, I sometimes wondered if O'Neil would have been more effective - based on his record at Leicester, we might at least have won the League Cup. And just like Horton he would have had to deal with being Swales man when Lee took over - although checking the dates, I see that he actually left Wycombe for Norwich when Lee decided that Alan Ball would lead us to glory ...

Giles, a clogger!?
I can only assume you're too young to have seen him play and are working on some crude national stereotype?
If it's a thing you are old enough to have seen him play, all I can suggest is the next time anybody asks you if you know anything about football, look down at your shoes and mumble, "no, sir".

The late Jim Smith who managed Derby County. Didn't win anything but had them playing nice football and was a thoroughly good man..

I remember Hiddink claiming that City had spoken to him back in around 2008-2009. I think he would have been very good for us, always rated him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.