Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you worry about that?
Signing Pogba for 80 million? I don't doubt his ability and I hope we sign him but I would still worry a little. 80 million would be a huge deal and there are no guarantee things will work out (as is the case with any transfer) and it would be a real blow for the club if it didn't work out tremendously well at that kind of price. That's all.

I really like this kid, he's a bit special. IMO he's far more talented than Barker and is similar to Lopes.

Signing Pogba for 80 million? I don't doubt his ability and I hope we sign him but I would still worry a little. 80 million would be a huge deal and there are no guarantee things will work out (as is the case with any transfer) and it would be a real blow for the club if it didn't work out tremendously well at that kind of price. That's all.
Nah, if he doesn't work out we'll sell him to Milan or Inter for 50m

I see what you're saying but I'm not concerned personally. If we have to pay 80 mil to get him then so be it, the lad has been courted at the highest level for some time and that's for a good reason. The price tag is high but why shouldn't we blow Barca et al out of the water? It'll be right, no need to worry.

I see what you're saying but I'm not concerned personally. If we have to pay 80 mil to get him then so be it, the lad has been courted at the highest level for some time and that's for a good reason. The price tag is high but why shouldn't we blow Barca et al out of the water? It'll be right, no need to worry.

I have the same 'worry' in that Pogba may not be the player we want him to be, for several years. I can also imagine him being dynamite, but it's not a guarantee, the Prem is different.

But if we have the money then why not ?

Relatively.

He's a kid who likes to run with the ball, not very big, in a side with not many great footballers, fighting relegation/promotion etc.

A bit easier for any of these kids to play for a top 4 Prem team, who has the ball all the time & top players making runs, tackles, around you & might be 3-0 up when you come on.

Not that we get to find out at City so far as we don't give hardly any of them even 5 mins, but hopefully that will change as they get older.

Pogba imo btw, was not quite good enough to be worth a starting place at the swamp, at the time. Certainly not as good as Scholes etc. The mistake they made, is the same one we have made every week last season with our kids, which is not at least getting him involved regularly for a cameo appearence here & there & bringing him through as quickly as possible.

We will lose some possibly top players the same way if we don't start involving them more, even if they are not quite ready. A few minutes in the Premier League can teach them a lot & some will take an instant like to it.

Not seeing one or two getting a chance in the very last match was particularly galling I thought.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't my money so I'm not shitting my pants or anything and I hope we do the deal. Just think it'd be a set back for the club if it doesn't work out really well especially on the back of some pretty average transfer windows. Feels like this window needs to work out very well to me.

Not seeing one or two getting a chance in the very last match was particularly galling I thought.

I can just about accept it, as one or two had started to look a bit fatigued by then, & they had just played a game the day before, but I'm not sure that is the reason they weren't picked tbh. I think it's more likely they just weren't going to get a game, whatever.

But all these lads are older next season, including Roberts, so I really hope we will involve them, even if it's just ten mins off the bench.

I can just about accept it, as one or two had started to look a bit fatigued by then, & they had just played a game the day before, but I'm not sure that is the reason they weren't picked tbh. I think it's more likely they just weren't going to get a game, whatever.

But all these lads are older next season, including Roberts, so I really hope we will involve them, even if it's just ten mins off the bench.
Yaya looked fatigued all season but he still got picked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.