Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
A talented young player who won't cost much in the grand scheme of things. It's low risk, high reward.

I imagine if he was already playing for our EDS then he would be one the youngsters people would want promoted to the first team this coming season. If he signs, get him in the EDS for a season and I'm sure that will be the case in a years time, probably sooner.

I am not too keen on the idea of signing Roberts (especially at the price) but he does have some potential and will help with our HG quota.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone knows whether he will make it at senior level, hes struggled to get into a terrible Fulham team. But I do know that we will be blamed for ruining English talent if he doesn't, especially if he costs 10 million. But it could save us later on rather than overpaying for English talent...

Upon signing Martin Buster Phillips, City manager Alan Ball predicted "Buster will be the first British £10 million pound player.

Upon signing Martin Buster Phillips, City manager Alan Ball predicted "Buster will be the first British £10 million pound player.
If a real manager had said that then that manager would have lost his credibility, but Ball was Ball and should never have been a manager anywhere, let alone at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.