Patrick Roberts - signing confirmed 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the idea of picking this kid up now. Even if he only grows another inch or two our physios should be able to put another 20 pounds of muscle on his frame in a year or two's time. Add to that getting to learn from and watch up close players like David Silva should see him develop into an interesting player.

Worst comes to worst he doesn't make it here, but an English player leaves our academy for another club trained in true European football. Which I would think can only be good for the English national team.

I really like the idea of picking this kid up now. Even if he only grows another inch or two our physios should be able to put another 20 pounds of muscle on his frame in a year or two's time. Add to that getting to learn from and watch up close players like David Silva should see him develop into an interesting player.

Worst comes to worst he doesn't make it here, but an English player leaves our academy for another club trained in true European football. Which I would think can only be good for the English national team.

Spot on.
A great buy if it comes off. Not too bad for teh lad if it doesn't.

rubish!why bulk him up flair players rely on technique.

Or he might just be a fairly slim, not very strong kid, like that Sterling lad we are are about to spend 40 mil on, who is less physically imposing than many of the kids in our EDS team, & often hits the deck like he's been shot in the arse with a harpoon, & wins loads of free kicks.

Or he might, like Sterling, & SWP, & Messi, learn to ride challenges when it suits him & chuck himself over when it doesn't.

None of these kids will learn that until they play against fully grown, blokes on a regular basis. Then, I recon, many of them will learn to take the fucking piss out of those fully grown blokes, because they are miles better, & more clever, at playing football.

Paris-Saint-Germain-Marco-006.jpg

5'5" if it's consolation to anyone who's concerned.

Brandon Barker on the left and Patrick Roberts on the right is the dream but I can't see that happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.