Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
No don't sell him . Pep loves wingers and he can always sub in . He needs pep talk and pep can decide if he has any future with us.

No don't sell him . Pep loves wingers and he can always sub in . He needs pep talk and pep can decide if he has any future with us.

B.Silva, Sterling, G.Jesus, Sane and De Bruyne all much better RWers...He just wouldn't get the gametime(maybe Aleix Garcia amounts if he was lucky) to improve, best he leaves on loan or permanently to further his career and fulfill his potential

B.Silva, Sterling, G.Jesus, Sane and De Bruyne all much better RWers...He just wouldn't get the gametime(maybe Aleix Garcia amounts if he was lucky) to improve, best he leaves on loan or permanently to further his career and fulfill his potential
All the above are reasons I would be looking at doing a deal with Celtic with Tierney stick in a bit back clause that makes it worthwhile for Celtic and maybe another loanee let's face it they have a better youth development record than us st the moment

Sane and sterling maybe B . Silva are all out and out wingers. With four cups
and injury along the way , he will get plenty of game time.
Why would he go elsewhere to improve when he has an opportunity to learn from the very best?

A season with us subbing in and playing cup games would do him wonders playing regularly at the level our players are

Imo these lads should get an even chance. If Roberts has a run from the bench & is miles off it compared to Sterling, Sané etc then we can assume he might not make the step up.

If he plays & he looks a possibility, then we can either keep him or loan him, but with a view to him being a genuine first team challenger in the future. What we should do, either way, is have a look & see.

This argument rests on the assumption that you can only judge a player in real first team games (as opposed to training). I don't have an opinion on that particular argument. That said, if you believe that someone like Pep can make a judgement on a player based on training (and everything else at his disposal), I expect Roberts will get his chance...it just may not be in the first team.

A season with us subbing in and playing cup games would do him wonders playing regularly at the level our players are
Correct - even just training with the likes of Yaya, Silva x 2, Kun etc is better than playing with the likes of Brown and I don't even know who else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.