Paul Dickov on sky

Stretford Born Blue said:
A few years ago a neighbour who is an ex player took me and my best mate to watch City play Wrexham in a pre season friendly.
We met a few players and Paul Dickov in the players lounge just before kick off so we asked him if he was playing, he answered "yes, in the second half" and then he lit the first of 4 fags whilst we had a chat.
I had to ask about the fags and he smoked 40 a day!!!!!!!
I answered him by saying "it doesn't stop you running around like a headless chicken though does it" .
Needless to say he did continue to run around for us like a headless chicken to some effect.
I just wonder if in todays games that sort of thing is allowed and whether players are checked out for things like smoking, as well as the obvious drugs tests....??!

I very much doubt you will find a player in any top division in Europe who smokes. Smoking is pretty much outlawed in public let alone in football.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
A few years ago a neighbour who is an ex player took me and my best mate to watch City play Wrexham in a pre season friendly.
We met a few players and Paul Dickov in the players lounge just before kick off so we asked him if he was playing, he answered "yes, in the second half" and then he lit the first of 4 fags whilst we had a chat.
I had to ask about the fags and he smoked 40 a day!!!!!!!
I answered him by saying "it doesn't stop you running around like a headless chicken though does it" .
Needless to say he did continue to run around for us like a headless chicken to some effect.
I just wonder if in todays games that sort of thing is allowed and whether players are checked out for things like smoking, as well as the obvious drugs tests....??!

I very much doubt you will find a player in any top division in Europe who smokes. Smoking is pretty much outlawed in public let alone in football.

But its not outlawed though is it, only in pubs. Don't be so dramatic.

Damocles said:
Wonder how much of a club legend he was when he scored against us and ran to our fans kissing the badge? I seem to remember him doing that, though I could be mistaken. He was at Leicester at the time, I'm sure
He wanted to prove a point to Keegan at the time, who had dumped him with little chance to prove himself a couple of seasons before.

But I'm certain he didn't kiss the badge.

KentBlue said:
get him on with rat boy for a city game on $ky now that would be interesting.
Yeah. Have that rat-faced weasel quivering behind his chair, crying: "If Dickov's nasty to me I'll tell my dad on him".

Paul, you're a f*****g legend in every sense of the word, mate!

I'd prefer Goater in the opposite chair, as he made a mug out of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.