Paul Dickov on sky

Vic said:
cleavers said:
Kevin Horlocks goal started it, without that Dickovs would have been a consolation (not knocking his contribution by the way, but too often KH's is forgotten).
And Gareth Taylor made them both!
always mentioned this to people, it was gareth peeling off short and flick ons which actually got us back in the game, simple football but greatly effective because of the inormaty of what has happened since?

Love Dickov and his attitude to the game.

Also responsible, along with Yaya, for two of the most awsome moments in my life...thinking my head was about to explode!!

All the best with Oldham Paul, and would love to see you coaching the kids here...would give them a great start in attitude terms!!

kashmir said:
just watched the final v gillingham again and still gives me shivers down my spine when dickov scores...........a gent and a blue legend

tends to make me cry mate even now 12 years later (often have the picture in my head of the BLUE in the crowd waving his hands about like a maniac). Paul you are a City GOD - you and the Goat stood out for me in a difficult period of our great club's history, and super Kevin Horlock too

My lad played Dickovs sons team in a recent junior match.
Had a chat to him after the game and he posed for pics with my team.
Top bloke who still loves City and has a lot of time for City fans

Wonder how much of a club legend he was when he scored against us and ran to our fans kissing the badge? I seem to remember him doing that, though I could be mistaken. He was at Leicester at the time, I'm sure

Damocles said:
Wonder how much of a club legend he was when he scored against us and ran to our fans kissing the badge? I seem to remember him doing that, though I could be mistaken. He was at Leicester at the time, I'm sure

He slid in front of the Leicester fans, but didn't kiss the badge, I remember being furious at him at the time for doing that alone, especially since we were 3-0 down at half time.

A few years ago a neighbour who is an ex player took me and my best mate to watch City play Wrexham in a pre season friendly.
We met a few players and Paul Dickov in the players lounge just before kick off so we asked him if he was playing, he answered "yes, in the second half" and then he lit the first of 4 fags whilst we had a chat.
I had to ask about the fags and he smoked 40 a day!!!!!!!
I answered him by saying "it doesn't stop you running around like a headless chicken though does it" .
Needless to say he did continue to run around for us like a headless chicken to some effect.
I just wonder if in todays games that sort of thing is allowed and whether players are checked out for things like smoking, as well as the obvious drugs tests....??!

m32blue said:
My lad played Dickovs sons team in a recent junior match.
Had a chat to him after the game and he posed for pics with my team.
Top bloke who still loves City and has a lot of time for City fans

Done the same with my lad playing for Unicorn Crussaders against Hale United (Paul's sons team, or it was) a few times, he always makes time for a chat, great bloke............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.