Paul Hince

RIP Paul. Used to pick him up in my cab in the 80's on the MEN account, it was usually from the press club rather than the office, even though he was invariably pissed he was good company on the journey back to Hazel Grove, a real character and, as everyone has said, a staunch blue.

Him & Mark Halsey attended a P&W meeting when Keegan was in charge.
Mark, shall we say, reminded Paul that it was he that ‘broke’ the story about the post Gillingham game piss up in the Wembley Hilton.
They both had the place in uproar as they bantered, proper banter, about it.
Great night and true Blue.
Loved his MEN columns too.
RIP Paul Hince.

A sad day. Spent almost a decade travelling the country covering City with Hincey in the 90s. A man with a million stories, all of them hugely entertaining. A brilliant writer and a kind man with a heart of gold. He often summarised at away games when I was commentating for BBC Radio Manchester and he was as as sharp, incisive and humorous on air as he was with his match reports for the MEN and his weekly column. Hincey loved City, loathed United. Thanks for the memories Paul. A first class journalist; a fan who played for the team he idolised and a character who lit up a press box the moment he walked in. Farewell my friend. Andy Buckley x
Andy, your commentary on the closing stages of the Gillingham play off remains the most spine tingling piece of commentary I've ever heard, in particular the Dickov goal, absolutely brilliant, your passion for the club just oozes out, I've watched/listened to it hundreds of times and it never fails to send shivers down the spine, well done mate.

For those who haven't heard it just watch this

R.I.P Paul. Although I'll never forget your " Simon Colosimo will take the Premiership/Premier League by storm"

Good loyal blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.