Paul Lake's Autobiog Front Cover

So Martyn Margetson gets his mug on the cover and Lakey doesnt!! LOL

Really looking forward to it.
Remember watching him in the Youth team a lot and he played up front and thought he was clumsy and useless. Missed a penalty at OT in the 1st leg of the Youth Cup final........
Dropped into midfield and boy was he class..........
Imagine he will do book signings and I for one will be there.

For those of you who watched him during his short career (he retired when I was 9) just how good was he, or how good could he have been?

mancmackem said:
Has anyone read Mark Ward's? Been after that for a bit.

I read it a few months ago - in hardback it was called 'From Right Wing to B Wing' (which I thought was a pretty good title) but for some reason it's been issued in paperback as 'Hammered'. It's quite a good read, considering he wrote much of it himself whilst in the clink.

Blue Lloyd said:
Sorry to name drop but I was talking to him the other night about it, he choose it from a few ideas but to him because that's exactly how he felt at the time and it summed it up best for him.

Can't wait to read the book as he's dropped a few hints as to the sort of stuff it reveals.

-- Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:21 pm --

Abbeygoo said:
Looks superb. One our real footballing losses over the years that I don't think was truly recognised was when Lakey disappeared off the radar.

Always in the wars (remember him getting knocked out cold) and then I think he tried to play against Villa at home and that was the last we saw of him.

A Denton lad, a proper Manchester lad and City supporter ... he could have played for the Blues and England for years.

Will definitely buy this book, when's it out ..... ??

No he suffered his injury against Villa at home

Only my second game at Maine Road. My first was the 1-0 win against Neverton the previous Saturday.

Paul was such a great loss, not only to City, but also to England. He would have been class, in whatever position he played, for the national team for years.

Mr Gumby said:
I hope Lakey sells more books than Scholes & Neville put together (both have got there books out soon). Somehow I doubt it sadly.

If his career had progressed as 'normal' - he would untoubtedly be mentioned in the same breath as; Franny,Buzzer and the king.
Most City fans would still have him in their all time starting eleven I suspect and England were robbed of a 100+ cap player.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Mr Gumby said:
I hope Lakey sells more books than Scholes & Neville put together (both have got there books out soon). Somehow I doubt it sadly.

If his career had progressed as 'normal' - he would untoubtedly be mentioned in the same breath as; Franny,Buzzer and the king.
Most City fans would still have him in their all time starting eleven I suspect and England were robbed of a 100+ cap player.

sorry but dont agree
If hid career would have progressed as normal at the time the club would have sold him to liverpool or arsenal or the 'money club' of the time

noely said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Mr Gumby said:

sorry but dont agree
If hid career would have progressed as normal at the time the club would have sold him to liverpool or arsenal or the 'money club' of the time

Richard Edgehill got to the England squad and had a similar injury.

If Lake had have come back for more than 1.5 matches the fans may have booed him out of Maine Rd like with Edgehill.

White and Brightwelll should have become regulars for England from early potential too, no one knows what would have happened with Lake.

Nicky D said:
For those of you who watched him during his short career (he retired when I was 9) just how good was he, or how good could he have been?

He was class. He had a good engine, decent pace, skill, strong in the tackle, good in the air, he had it all really mate. Crying shame, without injuries he would have gone on to become a permanent fixture in the England team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.