Paul Lake's Autobiog Front Cover

parkerblue

Just seen the cover for Lakey’s new book – what do you guys reckon?

w9vcde.jpg

I really like the jigsaw idea myself

Can't wait to read this. Lakey put the cover on his Twitter feed last week. Can't be many front covers that dont have pic of the main subject on it.

Looks superb. One our real footballing losses over the years that I don't think was truly recognised was when Lakey disappeared off the radar.

Always in the wars (remember him getting knocked out cold) and then I think he tried to play against Villa at home and that was the last we saw of him.

A Denton lad, a proper Manchester lad and City supporter ... he could have played for the Blues and England for years.

Will definitely buy this book, when's it out ..... ??

Abbeygoo said:
Looks superb. One our real footballing losses over the years that I don't think was truly recognised was when Lakey disappeared off the radar.

Always in the wars (remember him getting knocked out cold) and then I think he tried to play against Villa at home and that was the last we saw of him.

A Denton lad, a proper Manchester lad and City supporter ... he could have played for the Blues and England for years.

4th August according to Amazon.

Abbeygoo said:

I remember this too. Was pretty horrific. I remember watching the end of season VHS that interviewed the club doctor (was it Norman somebody?) and the mention of him turning blue at some point. I was only pretty young at the time and that's probably why i'm still shit and heading the ball now hahaha
As Bruce Wades-Hughes (nice name) has already said I bet there aren't many out there that dont have their own face on the cover

Sorry to name drop but I was talking to him the other night about it, he choose it from a few ideas but to him because that's exactly how he felt at the time and it summed it up best for him.

Can't wait to read the book as he's dropped a few hints as to the sort of stuff it reveals.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:21 pm --<br /><br />
Abbeygoo said:

No he suffered his injury against Villa at home, then collapsed away at Boro two years later never to play again in only his second game back.

I hope Lakey sells more books than Scholes & Neville put together (both have got there books out soon). Somehow I doubt it sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.