Paul Marshall

simmers said:
"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending"

It's only impossible if you're not good enough. It may be harder, but not impossible as Weiss is proving

This is the whole point that people keep on missing. If you're as good as the purchases, you will play. If you're better, they wouldn't have been bought.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. Good enough for City now means being good enough to be in a squad with CL aspirations. It's that simple.

I'm sure if he hangs around with us then he'd stay in our squad as he is a fantastic talent.

Hope this is not a sign of the future.

this kid never got a sniff full stop and this will be the trend from now on.i have seen this kid in the reserves plenty of times and no doubt this kid has talent but if you pay 20milion for a centre mid no matter what anyone says on here the 20 milion pound player will play before any kid thats the way it is in football

Paul Marshall

Sweet left foot, loves to play the hollywood balls too much, not the most mobile which means he can't play centre midfield at the top level, not got any pace so can't play left wing at the top level, where do you play him? Set pieces for such a sweet left foot are awful.

It's not a case of not getting a chance, he won't be good enough unfortunatley, will make a good career in the football league though.

Wish him good luck in his career though!

skinhead123 said:
this kid never got a sniff full stop and this will be the trend from now on.i have seen this kid in the reserves plenty of times and no doubt this kid has talent but if you pay 20milion for a centre mid no matter what anyone says on here the 20 milion pound player will play before any kid thats the way it is in football

Looking at your previous posts it looks like you know or are related to someone in the reserves set up. At the end of the day, if they are good enough they will get a chance. Unfortunatley having seen Marshall in first team friendlies and in that UAE game he wasn't good enough.

Good luck to him though.

i watched him recently against oldham and i thought he was excellent alongside mj in centre midfield and he certainly is not a left winger thats for sure that night he had pace power and excellent movement and i thought it stood out more because mj wasnt that fit that night

what as being related got to do with an opinion about a player if i remember in that freindly in the uae he played left wing which in all the time ive watched this kid he as never played left wing so hes chance as been and gone jivan vidal played left back and in all the time ive watched the reserves hes never played left back so hes chance as been and gone i feel sorry for all these kids who will never get the chance but like i said before thats the way it is now at city

skinhead123 said:
what as being related got to do with an opinion about a player if i remember in that freindly in the uae he played left wing which in all the time ive watched this kid he as never played left wing so hes chance as been and gone jivan vidal played left back and in all the time ive watched the reserves hes never played left back so hes chance as been and gone i feel sorry for all these kids who will never get the chance but like i said before thats the way it is now at city

If Paul Marshall had the talent and ability of Xavi, Iniesta, Lampard, Essien, Scholes, Fabregas then he would get a chance, that's the level of players we are aiming for now, if Marshall was 3 years older he would of had 30-50 games under his belt and be playing championship football now like Evans, Etuhu, Flood, Croft and BWP, all the other youngsters who are not good enough for the top level.

i think with the spending power we now have its time we got a feeder club in another country and rather than see a lot of the kids fall by the way side lets see how they cope in a real league abroad and if they dont do it abroad then get shut.because the way it stands we are just going to keep releasing kids without realy knowing what they are capable of i have watched the reserves for the last 10 years and i feel that a lot of the kids had the talent but they dont have experience and thats the problem through football no one wants to take a chance on an untested kid .there are so many instances where people have been released and have came back and proved people wrong ie swp told by forest your too small kaka brought off at half time on his debut for the brazilian club he played for crying and he thought hes chance had gone im not saying weve got the next kaka but i feel we need a feeder club to try most of our youngsters and see what they are made of.this year we done away with the pontins league which bridged the gap between the under 18s and the barclays premierleague reserves if we had a feeder club then the older reserves could be tested abroad and the u18s coming up will get there first experince of any age football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.