Paul Marshall

skinhead123 said:
i think with the spending power we now have its time we got a feeder club in another country and rather than see a lot of the kids fall by the way side lets see how they cope in a real league abroad and if they dont do it abroad then get shut.because the way it stands we are just going to keep releasing kids without realy knowing what they are capable of i have watched the reserves for the last 10 years and i feel that a lot of the kids had the talent but they dont have experience and thats the problem through football no one wants to take a chance on an untested kid .there are so many instances where people have been released and have came back and proved people wrong ie swp told by forest your too small kaka brought off at half time on his debut for the brazilian club he played for crying and he thought hes chance had gone im not saying weve got the next kaka but i feel we need a feeder club to try most of our youngsters and see what they are made of.this year we done away with the pontins league which bridged the gap between the under 18s and the barclays premierleague reserves if we had a feeder club then the older reserves could be tested abroad and the u18s coming up will get there first experince of any age football.

I agree, kinda like Royal Antwerp and the rags.

100% but i didnt want to model us on them but if we also start buying the best talent in the world where are they going to play

..........has had loan spells with Port Vale and Blackpool. He only made two appearances for Championship outfit Blackpool but went on to play 13 times for Port Vale in League Two.

Decent championship standard player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ched Evans had a dig when he left too....he's not even as good as Marshall.

Sorry boys, no use whinging. This is the new City.

Only the best will do.

Like WEISS.

but where are all the best kids going to play if we start buying the best talented kids in the world some where along the line we need a feeder club

If we can assume that Weiss is the standard to getting into the squad then that explains why a lot of academy folk are going to come short. It's unfortunate but a sign of our progress.

The onus is now on the academy to produce more of Weiss' caliber

I don't think many of the kids are anywhere near good enough for where we're aiming to be. Weiss is an exception. Most of the others in that age group are mid table or lower league standard. Marshall looked really promising a few years ago but has played like Beckham's drunk grandad whenever I've seen him recently.

johnny on the spot said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8403976.stm

Marshall hopes for Aberdeen deal
By Liam McLeod

Manchester City midfielder Paul Marshall would rather earn a move to Aberdeen than sit in the English Premier League side's reserve team.

The 19-year-old left-side player arrived for a trial with Mark McGhee's side on Monday.

"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending," said Marshall.

McGhee is hopeful of an initial loan move and a permanent deal next summer.

"I watched him playing for Manchester City reserves and I liked him," the Dons manager told the Scottish Premier League club's website.

Marshall, who has been on City's books since the age of 11, has had loan spells with Port Vale and Blackpool.

He only made two appearances for Championship outfit Blackpool but went on to play 13 times for Port Vale in League Two.

The midfielder, who had his first training session under McGhee on Tuesday, is a former England youth team-mate of Aberdeen forward Sone Aluko, who has since switched allegiance to Nigeria.

Marshall's England Under-20 team-mate, Javan Vidal, spent the second half of last season on loan to the Dons from big-spending Premier League outfit City.

True but rather worrying noises from one of our talented youngsters here. Anyone seen the YouTube vids showing Marshall pinging some impressive balls about?

he can fuck off fer me, we don't need kids that show no ambition.....bye bye

simmers said:
"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending"

It's only impossible if you're not good enough. It may be harder, but not impossible as Weiss is proving

Exactly. It's a weak argument considering Weiss is getting game time. His attitude is negative and defeatist and if he's off to Aberdeen I'd hazard a guess he isn't good enough to play for a club with our ambition

The Fat el Hombre said:
simmers said:
"I want to sign for Aberdeen because it is virtually impossible to break into the City team with the kind of money the club is spending"

It's only impossible if you're not good enough. It may be harder, but not impossible as Weiss is proving

Exactly. It's a weak argument considering Weiss is getting game time. His attitude is negative and defeatist and if he's off to Aberdeen I'd hazard a guess he isn't good enough to play for a club with our ambition

Think we need to get Weiss more involved somehow though. Not fair for a lad with his talent & enthusiasm to be sat on the bench every week. Sparkyarse seems to be hinting that he's going to play him more in the future so hopefully it'll happen but if not, we should loan him out, perhaps abroad.

ICT-Tam said:
They had Vidal last season, my dads a massive Aberdeen fan. So, i was dragged along, Vidal looked pish from what i could see. The spl isn't THAT easy and i doubt this lad would break into Aberdeens team.

Have watched Vidal play at Aberdeen many times and would have to disagree, Vidal looked composed on the ball and always looked like he had a good touch and time to lift his head and make a pass.

Watching England Premiership reserves/young players playing in the SPL and excelling (Sone Aluko and Josh walker) another example at Aberdeen show the massive gulf between the 2 leagues.

IMO Celtic and Rangers currently on par with say top to middle of Championship

I for one wish Paul Marshall all the best!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.