Paul Merson

I delivered some fuel to a huge building site in the middle of Cheshire earlier in the week. Turns out it was a massive house and grounds being constructed. The client was one of the directors at bet365.

Seeing the size of this project did make me think about how huge the betting industry must be and who really profits from it all.

Not me that's for sure. My measly £5 a week bet contributes to someone being able to afford to shut down roads in the countryside so that they can build a gaff.
Yep. As I always tell my kids, those glittering hotels in Las Vegas aren’t built with the money of people who won.

I delivered some fuel to a huge building site in the middle of Cheshire earlier in the week. Turns out it was a massive house and grounds being constructed. The client was one of the directors at bet365.

Seeing the size of this project did make me think about how huge the betting industry must be and who really profits from it all.

Not me that's for sure. My measly £5 a week bet contributes to someone being able to afford to shut down roads in the countryside so that they can build a gaff.
No better than crack dealers when you think about it

It's Denise Coates' place, founder and CEO of Bet365. In 2020, she earned over £400,000,000 salary and £50,000,000 bonuses. That's in just one year.

Über-high security is the price she has to pay for her betting fortune. I've had her high-vis brigade repeatedly try to intimidate me into using a different road and questioning why I'm driving past. On a public highway. She's pissed off a lot of local residents during the build.

It's Denise Coates' place, founder and CEO of Bet365. In 2020, she earned over £400,000,000 salary and £50,000,000 bonuses. That's in just one year.

Über-high security is the price she has to pay for her betting fortune. I've had her high-vis brigade repeatedly try to intimidate me into using a different road and questioning why I'm driving past. On a public highway. She's pissed off a lot of local residents during the build.
Hope you told them to fuck off and mind their own business..

When I watched this I thought gambling is a funny one, it draws you in further with the the highs and lows that a gambling addiction brings. Win, and you are convinced you can keep winning (you don’t) and then when you start losing you try to recoup those losses and end up losing more. Seems like the bookmaker has got ya either way if you are that way inclined

Used to work for a certain bookmakers in a medium sized shop and if it didn't make the £15 grand a week it was expected to you could tell you were being watched/audited the week after.

It had become like a commodities market as in if they received a large bet they would just cover it by getting a certain big player to make the same bet with another firm.

Anyone they saw as a threat would get monitered and of all the people I monitered only one was making a small profit.

The only people who take a serious amount of money out of a bookies and didn't later put it all back there walked in with a gun.

When I watched this I thought gambling is a funny one, it draws you in further with the the highs and lows that a gambling addiction brings. Win, and you are convinced you can keep winning (you don’t) and then when you start losing you try to recoup those losses and end up losing more. Seems like the bookmaker has got ya either way if you are that way inclined
Thats why you never see a poor bookie I've always only bet what I can afford to lose

We've just had a 24 hour slots place open up on Lincoln High Street. I pass it on my cycle to work at around 0650. Monday morning there were a couple of urchins on the way in there to gamble away their cash (or shoot up in the bogs. one of the other).

These companies claim they are 'providing a service', a 'bit of excitement' or 'entertainment' and hide behind slogans like 'when the fun stops, stop'. They are nothing but greedy f*cking leeches whose whole MO revolves around drawing people in and getting them addicted and they don't care who they are taking the money from.

We've just had a 24 hour slots place open up on Lincoln High Street. I pass it on my cycle to work at around 0650. Monday morning there were a couple of urchins on the way in there to gamble away their cash (or shoot up in the bogs. one of the other).

These companies claim they are 'providing a service', a 'bit of excitement' or 'entertainment' and hide behind slogans like 'when the fun stops, stop'. They are nothing but greedy f*cking leeches whose whole MO revolves around drawing people in and getting them addicted and they don't care who they are taking the money from.
This may be true.
But merson is a bitter c-nt who hates us for knocking his Arsenal out of the top 4 position in the Prem.
Add to that he's a useless pundit too. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.