Paul Moulden's book "Lethal"

And both City and Villa went down - and Billy Mac got the sack

I haven't been as annoyed with a City boss as I was with Billy McNeill. Not even Alan fuckin Ball. Billy was of course forgiven before he passed away as he clearly regretted making the move.

I haven't been as annoyed with a City boss as I was with Billy McNeill. Not even Alan fuckin Ball. Billy was of course forgiven before he passed away as he clearly regretted making the move.
The atmosphere when he came back that season with Villa, and we won 3-1 (and Moulden got a brace) was both hostile and electric. The Villa team coach was involved in a fatality (although didn’t cause it) on Princess Parkway before the game, which McNeil claimed shook up his players, but that was still a rare powerful performance from City in what was otherwise a pretty limp season. The Kippax was rocking that day.

The atmosphere when he came back that season with Villa, and we won 3-1 (and Moulden got a brace) was both hostile and electric. The Villa team coach was involved in a fatality (although didn’t cause it) on Princess Parkway before the game, which McNeil claimed shook up his players, but that was still a rare powerful performance from City in what was otherwise a pretty limp season. The Kippax was rocking that day.

Indeed it was rocking. Remember that day well. It was a very sweet victory, but a rare oasis of success in a season of sparse joy. Such a dispiriting, miserable season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.