Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm conflicted about this. I don't really like the bloke but there's no doubt he can turn it on 'when he wants to', but will that be often enough for us?

However, I can see the club's view on this, it's win-win really, if he performs then fantastic, of he's not up to standard, we can fuck him off next summer for £60m-ish.

We won’t be signing him then. He’ll go somewhere that at least matches his current wages and a huge signing on fee. I’m certain he’ll go to PSG.
I believe and I’m hoping this is all just an attempt from the pogba camp to stir up mischief and unsettle us, and get a newbumper contract at the scum. Remember what the **** said just as we due to play them in the 2-3 derby?

We won’t be signing him then. He’ll go somewhere that at least matches his current wages and a huge signing on fee. I’m certain he’ll go to PSG.

The article which I posted the previous page from the telegraph has noted that, Pogba is the one who has initiated contact

"The fact it appears the impetus for a potential deal is coming from Pogba’s side suggests that he might not be adverse to switching allegiances across Manchester"

Interesting few days ahead but I wouldn't him solely as our midfield target! In case ferna and gundo leave

Or as others have noted, just a plot to get a new contract from the rags!!

Out of curiosity, what may that be?
I'm not gonna type it all out again, so here's one I made earlier...

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more, especially about the CL matches. The home game he was mine & many of our fans' MoTM because he dominated the midfield & ran the show.

Up to that point, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about, but over both matches vs Juvé he was the dog's dangly bits. I then watched him more closely in Serie A, & he was absolute class but in an average league where Juvé were head & shoulders above the rest which I took into account. However, you can only play what's in front of you & he performed very well in the CL too.

When Juvé were willing to sell, it was reported City, Barça & Real had all agreed personal terms with him, & bid between £65m - £72m, with us bidding the highest, but Juvé demanded £95m.

ManUre slithered into action & blew the lot of us out the water with a bid of £89m plus add ons & the rest was history. Judging by the reports there was definitely a strong interest from us, but it was convincing Juvé that became the stumbling block.

There's a good player in there & again judging by reports, Old Toilet is a toxic place with open dissent amongst the players who're said to be seriously unmotivated. Even ManUre's local hero Rashford has fell off a cliff there.

The goings on at Old Toilet must be taken into account, with the constant changes of managers, fans wanting the owners out & fans turning on players through the lack of success etc. Is it any wonder the place is proving a graveyard for most players.

Look at Sanchez, Fred & Maguire. Three players we had a very strong interest in & their careers have also turned to shit since arriving there. Looking at the wider picture, there's more than enough extenuating circumstances to explain Pogba's perceived lack of form, application & desire.

He clearly wants out. Since offering him an extension last summer which was rejected out of hand, ManUre haven't even been back because it became pretty obvious Pogba wanted to leave on a free. I doubt there'll be any love lost on either side.

As for Pogba to City? I personally couldn't give a rat's arse about his dabbing or haircuts, it's what he can do for City that matters. He was considered one of the top 5 midfielders in the world prior to his move, & if a player's prime years are between 28-32, he's only a year into that prime.

On a free & on wages within our structure, Pogba to City fits. We need another number 6 who can also play further forward, & Pogba needs a change. City can offer him that without him even having to order a Pickford's removal van.

The main issue of Pobga to City that I can see comes from our fans who have allowed their hatred of ManUre to blind them to the possibilities of Pogba. He's association trained, knows the Prem, has lived in Manchester for years so won't be arsed about the weather & knows the area well so wouldn't have to uproot & resettle. He's also on a free & his wages are within our structure.

More importantly, Pogba to City solves the Fernandinho issue & frees up the money we would have spent finding a Fern replacement, which means even more money available for crucial signings.

Imagine the possibility of Pogba (free), Frenkie De Jong (£59m) & Haaland for £65m in one transfer window. In what world does £124m on that trio not make complete business sense?

With the dough saved we can then address the pressing Full Back issue. Personally I'd rather a right back as I think Cancelo is more effective on the left. If we could get Reece James, this summer too, most of us would think we'd died & gone to heaven with 72 virgins waiting for us. The only issue I can forsee are the severely pissed of wives waiting with rolling pin in hand ready to pour cold water on the 72 virgins bit. )(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.