Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for you to check my post history on Pogba. :-)

Aside from calling him a twat for scoring two against us in a derby, which stopped us claiming the Premiere League title in front of the Rags, I can't ever recall slagging him off. He's a quality player whom I rate...
Right, well you trot off into the corner with the other 10% ;)
I'll concentrate on the 90...

That's fair. I'm just giving my gut reaction. Pogba feels like a luxury-risk that I don't think is necessary when we only have one real CDM, no actual strikers, and half of our full-backs are converted from other positions. Haaland, De Jong, and a RB would be my dream wish-list for the summer, with Frenkie both backing up Rodri and phasing in over Gundogan for more game-time.

If we get him will find out but the amount of possession we have he could do some serious stat damage.

Do Rag fans expect him to have a mental breakdown to a defeat, or leave the pitch balling like a baby to prove he cares? :-|

View attachment 42364
No, but he could show that he was upset/frustrated/angry better.

I’m not talking a 1500 word apology on Instagram, just say it wasn’t good enough and we’re going to work harder to improve.

Pogba just posts dancing videos at random, whatever happened in their games.

There's no need for us to push Haaland rumours. There's no controversy with signing Haaland. If we just woke up one day and City had signed Pogba it would be pandemonium from our fans and their fans and the media. It's worth it for City to test the waters and get it out there early so its not a huge shock if it happens later.

Pandemonium?

I don’t think anyone from either side would be that arsed tbh.

I don't know. You can never have enough good players though, and Pogba is a good player but could yet be a great one under Pep's instruction.

Pogba and Haaland certainly adds a physicality and power to the team we don't really have outside of the centre backs and Rodri.

If you are an opponent and standing opposite is Kev, Phil, Grealish, Haaland, Pogba, you do get into heads.
Yeah that is absolutely massive if does come off, one thing trying to figure out is will it only be one midfielder coming this summer or are we thinking about getting a couple midfielders.

I think that (and in contrast to what most expect) Pogba is looking to change the perception of him.

He really needs his next move to prove he is in the top bracket of players worldwide - which currently is held back by perceptions of him being lazy, argumentative, greedy and more interested in his hair and lifestyle than football.

If this is the case then a drop in wages (and a significant drop to some offers he will have from other clubs) might mean that city is actually the best move for him. Playing under Pep, with a good team, being a success might do him the world of good and be the rationale for him reaching out to us.

We know that he has the potential and natural skill to fit in and be a success with us, but does he have the commitment to do it ?

Sort of feels a little ‘balotelli and Mancini’ like to me and has the potential to go either way - so at the right price it’s worth a shot - Pep obviously thinks he can do something with him so let’s see maybe ?

If it happens that we get FDJ, which I think we would push for - then a window of EH, FDJ, Pogba and Alvarez in and retirement and big name out (to Spain) wouldn’t be too shabby really would it - and all for under 150 million too.

Now about that right back position…..

So you're basing not wanting Pogba at City on a "José Mourinho falls out with player" shocker? Really? Seriously?

OK, dya have any other instances of Pogba falling out with other managers, & Moureen falling out with other players for balance?
Do you seriously want an egotistical **** who demands to travel home from fucking Burnley in his new chauffeur driven Rolls Royce rather than take the bus with his teammates? Whose ‘entourage’ of hangers on is consistently leaking to the media?
He is toxic and we would seriously regret it if we signed him. We would be pouring poison into our own well

Pogba will not come city. We're getting played like a fiddle again! Don't want the geezer.

Pogba and Haaland certainly adds a physicality and power to the team we don't really have outside of the centre backs and Rodri.
Exactly this. We know that we are technically brilliant from front to back, with a fluidity and movement that can be breathtaking to watch. But these 2 guys will compliment that, and bring a B and a C plan to our team based on physical presence and power.

If Pogba really has something to prove, and if he wants to be a trophy winner, then that's a powerful acquisition for us. If.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.