Paul Weller

I defo thought it was you mate, I knew mike shore loved his music as did Simon Hackett, I think me n john n kev wasn't up to speed with all you mods at the time ha ha.

hahahahaha we tried our best to lead you in the right direction, but the style council and weller was defo wrong in my book back then,?? but now i can listen to the style council and love a lot of the stuff he did with the style council and like a good wine it ages well

nice to hear from you lee great season last year

hahahahaha we tried our best to lead you in the right direction, but the style council and weller was defo wrong in my book back then,?? but now i can listen to the style council and love a lot of the stuff he did with the style council and like a good wine it ages well

nice to hear from you lee great season last year
You too ste, fantastic last season, hope you're well mate.

The Style Council had some good songs too. Don’t like Weller that much as a man but he’s remained consistently popular for decades.

Not with me, but i'm comparing Setting Suns with the drivel he has foisted on us ever since,
was good but not any more, in my opinion.

Loved him in The Jam, less so Style Council, found his solo stuff hit and miss. Liked Wake Up The Nation and 7&3 is the strikers name, but far more a Jam fan than anything.

Legend is a term that is banded around far too much, but his longevity certainly puts him up there with the best.
Have to agree.talented man.loved the Jam and most of style council stuff.seen him live a few times over the years.
Start! Strength of your nature, Solid Bond in your heart, Long hot summer,money go round(12"version) ....so many brilliant tracks..so yes a legend in my book.

Have to agree.talented man.loved the Jam and most of style council stuff.seen him live a few times over the years.
Start! Strength of your nature, Solid Bond in your heart, Long hot summer,money go round(12"version) ....so many brilliant tracks..so yes a legend in my book.
We should stick to talking about music and leave Sterling, or football in general, out of it. At least you know something about good music! ;-)

We should stick to talking about music and leave Sterling, or football in general, out of it. At least you know something about good music! ;-)
Well,this is a first CB.....i agree with you,lol
And i forgot Paris match ..off the classic 1983 Paris EP....a great record.
Watching footage of the early jam on u tube its easy to forget the raw energy the group put into their live performances ..absolutely brilliant....to move from that to..almost relentless no.1 singles... and then onto the completely diff SC is pretty cool.Always enjoyed his live gigs ,altho ive had to settle for his solo stuff in person,great voice ...but id much rather have been at those early jam gigs...

Just remembered ..Money go round Dub version off the 12 " is a cracking track too.

Last edited:

It really isn't Hang The Dj, but i cant see him refusing to complete a gig because a sausage hit him from the crowd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.