Pauline Hanson

Don't know her, couldn't care less about her, but if she is a member of the chamber and they are discussing the wearing of the burqa, what's the problem?

Is wearing the burqa a crime in Australia? If not, why can she not wear it? isn't that the point?

Where does free speech end and intolerance begin? Is intolerance of free speech OK?

Like I said, she maybe an odious person filled with hate, but I have no problem with what she did, and it may have actually hurt her position. Regardless, that is free speech in action, isn't it?

If it is against the law to wear a burqa, then she should be arrested. Again, Isn't that the exact point?

I don't agree with the wearing of the Burqa in Australia

Would you object to someone wearing a Frumka tho.......or could you even tell the difference?

Just incase you missed this last week, the racist that is Australia's own Pauline Hanson decided to join parliment dressed in a burqa.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/08/17/pauline-hanson-enters-senate-wearing-burqa

This women is vermin and i dont believe her stunt should go without notice.

Whenever the next attack happens on these shores i hope she gets both barrell loads for inciting hatred.
Hmmm....wearing burqa....should be murdered?

And SHE is the vermin? What ever happened to Civil dissent?

Would you object to someone wearing a Frumka tho.......or could you even tell the difference?
I'm not a huge fan of anything that fully covers the face, especially when they are trying to speak to you face to face, a large part of human nature involves facial expressions along with the words.

Anyone anti Muslim is lowest of the low ... however she is justified here, what is wrong with wearing a burqa ?

If directed at me, I'm standing up for her self expression and right to free speech, which has clearly pointed out the absurdity of the views of some people.

I think each society has to decide for itself whether it deems the burqa or the Frumka as a religious freedom or not, based on their own feelings and ensuring the security of their people. However, if any item of clothing allows one to avoid required security screening, then the clothing should either be removed or the person refused entry. Society, not individuals, has to decide what it is and is not willing to live with or die for.

If wearing the veil was a faith-oriented right, every Muslim woman should be striving for it. But most Muslim women -- in Islamic countries and in the West -- don't practice this tradition, which was traditionally imposed by Muslim men.

The Quran doesn't require Muslim women to cover their faces. Women in Prophet Muhammad's times were allowed to work with open faces.

Muslims' most sacred pilgrimage known as Hajj in Saudi Arabia doesn't require women to cover their faces. Rather, women are not allowed to cover their faces during the Hajj Pilgrimage.

The vast majority of Muslims think that the traditional veil is clearly a mark of separation, and consider it an element of the fanatical side of Islam.

I'm not a huge fan of anything that fully covers the face, especially when they are trying to speak to you face to face, a large part of human nature involves facial expressions along with the words.

Neither am I really..but it is part and parcel of their religious belief so I accept it. Point I was trying to make is that people see a full face covering and immediately jump to a conclusion that its a muslim. French enacts a Burqa ban but continues to allow a Frumka (Jewish sect).... Muslims just see it as one sided and prejudiced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.