PC Virus Help

you could download Avast or AVG 8.0 they are free anti virus and are better than McAfee. You need to turn off McAfee before you install one of them and run it.

denislawsbackheel said:
you could download Avast or AVG 8.0 they are free anti virus and are better than McAfee. You need to turn off McAfee before you install one of them and run it.

This.

Try AVG

get it from its home site here

<a class="postlink" href="http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-v ... ee-edition</a>

davefrombury said:
Thanks for everyone's help looks like I'm going to busy when I get home from work.

Just remember all this chat about what to get is NOT GOING TO HELP YOUR CURRENT SITUATION UNTIL YOU WEED OUT THE INITIAL PROBLEM!! Because any anti-virus system may well ignore your problem as part of your computer set up.

Weed it out or flatten/ re-format your drive. Just remember as has been said to save what you need/ want on another drive/ disc.

Once in your registry your knackered hence the word virus, for starters it will probably change your user rights meaning you can not touch it (even in safe mode),I am afraid the best option available is buying yourself a decent memory stick salvaging what you can off the infected drive and doing a reformat, it might also be key logging, I hope your bank details are not installed on your computer, internet banking etc.

If I were you go down to Aria buy yourself Kaspersky for about £5.00 a complete security suite for 12 months, I think it is one of the best available, it also has a facility for quick scanning any email attachments sent to you or downloads you make, prevention is much better than cure which is usually expensive.

Don’t take a chance with substandard security. Kaspersky is all eyes on your computer; it has saved my skin so many times, unbelievable the amount of devious bstards who give you a nice present with your movie or song download.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.