Pearl Jam: Twenty

quiet_riot said:
BillyShears said:
Probably the most important band of my lifetime. They're the reason I really got into music and also the reason I still work in music. Only time I've ever been nervous of meeting anyone was the first time I met Ed.

Saw the film the night it opened. Was a bit disappointed that they glossed over the revolving drummer thing but guess it's understandable.

This version of Lukin is incredible.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eryrCUaNQRk#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yrCUaNQRk#</a>!

WHAAAA? You've met Eddie?? I must know more!

The first time I met Ed was back in 2003 (i think). A friend of mine was in a band who'd supported Pearl Jam a few times and was a friend of theirs. He took me to the show and then afterwards me, him, Ed, and a few of their crew went out drinking. Very surreal night which ended with Eddie and me slow dancing to 'These Boots Were Made For Walkin'. Since then I've gotten to know him a little bit as we have a close mutual friend. They broke the mould when they made him. A nicer guy with that kind of success I dont think I've ever met...

johnny on the spot said:
That Lukin version has me in pieces, he's the best frontman I've ever seen.

Agreed. I think he's the last of his kind and has much in common with Dylan, Springsteen, etc.

BillyShears said:
quiet_riot said:
BillyShears said:
Probably the most important band of my lifetime. They're the reason I really got into music and also the reason I still work in music. Only time I've ever been nervous of meeting anyone was the first time I met Ed.

Saw the film the night it opened. Was a bit disappointed that they glossed over the revolving drummer thing but guess it's understandable.

This version of Lukin is incredible.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eryrCUaNQRk#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yrCUaNQRk#</a>!

WHAAAA? You've met Eddie?? I must know more!

The first time I met Ed was back in 2003 (i think). A friend of mine was in a band who'd supported Pearl Jam a few times and was a friend of theirs. He took me to the show and then afterwards me, him, Ed, and a few of their crew went out drinking. Very surreal night which ended with Eddie and me slow dancing to 'These Boots Were Made For Walkin'. Since then I've gotten to know him a little bit as we have a close mutual friend. They broke the mould when they made him. A nicer guy with that kind of success I dont think I've ever met...

I'm so envious.

quiet_riot said:
I'm so envious.

Me too and it actually happened to me!

It's funny, the world of music has changed so much in the last 20 years that I don't think I know more than a handful of people who would admit to liking Pearl Jam. Most people's views of the band are formed based on Ten/Alive and nothing else.

Biggest cult band in the world...

Climb down off yourself Gaz, PJ had it nailed. A great band with a top frontman. Coat-tailing Nirvana? Get the fuck out of here.

BillyShears said:
quiet_riot said:
I'm so envious.

Me too and it actually happened to me!

It's funny, the world of music has changed so much in the last 20 years that I don't think I know more than a handful of people who would admit to liking Pearl Jam. Most people's views of the band are formed based on Ten/Alive and nothing else.

Biggest cult band in the world...

I'm was only 7/8 when they first arrived, so I didn't see it all first time around. I truly got into them at about 15/16 and it was a personal quest then to go back and see it all from the start.
So glad I did, it sounds like cheesy shite, but their music has been with me at pivotal events in life, and certain songs have fantastic memories associated with them.

Ha missed it on Friday but thanks to i player great film and not just for Pearl Jam fans ( after seeing flight 666 the mrs fell in love with some aging rockers).
Seen the band quite a few times 2000 and Leeds were probably the best shows.
If any of you fans are not aware there are some great downloads from their official site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.