Pedestrianising Deansgate?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by worsleyweb, 5 Sep 2019.

1. Fat Chance

Fat Chance

2. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

Back in Blighty...just in time for Brexit
    It’s all well and good pedestrianising deansgate and the town hall, but how the fu#k will our parade bus get from A to B?

I reckon it’s a plot by the rags to stop our fun now that they’re done with it.

3. urban genie

urban genie

You need to move picadilly gardens bus staition

Instead of new flats and other shite Mayfield should be being turned into a new state of the art north/east bus station, emptying town of buses bar the free ines whose routes should increase.

Busese for salford and south go from shuedhill and buses north and east from Matlyfield.

Secure manned mulit carpaks should be built next to these and on all major entrances to the city all cars bar delivery, free bus and taxis banned from town and fully pedestrianise.

These car parks then should be then charged at a low necessary daily/weekly/monthly/annual charge as needed by the driver for upkeep and staffing and all those using them get free metrolink travel within Zone 1.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2019
    somapop likes this.
  4. somapop

somapop

\

Agree....Picadilly Gardens is a mess from one end to the other...I can only see a masterplan being developed one day (hopefully soon).

5. sir baconface

sir baconface

How do you currently traverse a few hundred yards that aren’t accessible by car?

6. urban genie

urban genie

Free buses on more routes

7. manchester blue

manchester blue

The cycling Tour of Britain ends on Deansgate this afternoon if anybody is around town. Should be a great event. Also round Uppermill, Marple, Werneth Low, Altrincham and Ramsbottom.

8. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Picc Gdns bus station should be moved and make it a world class square.

Yet another pedestrian ran over there this week
    https://www.itv.com/news/granada/20...after-being-hit-by-bus-in-piccadilly-gardens/

Mayfield is being turned into a park
    https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/first-phase-of-1-1bn-mayfield-moves-forward/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rial-wasteland-city-centre-oasis-16287646.amp

I agree about park and ride and only having taxis, buses and delivery vehicles being able to drive around the city centre but with most of it being pedestrianised.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2019
    manchester blue likes this.
  9. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

Same as you get at the Etihad now which is pedestrianised all the way around (which I bet is the same length of Deansgate if was straightened out)
    [​IMG]

Also the free buses would remain for the roads that remain in the city centre and cars should have to park and ride so that’s there’s no city centre car traffic.

10. Bigg Bigg Blue

Bigg Bigg Blue

In a hole that just keeps getting deeper.
    Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I knew you would barge in