Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
It's in The Times too - looks like another leak. Pellegrini to start work a week on Monday at City.
Papers saying that's what the squad have been told. Looks nailed on

bluemathlady said:
If Isco isnt coming, perhaps Denis Suarez could be his new "Isco" here?

I know that Isco is a great young player but we already have Silva and Nasri that can play that same role and are premiership ready.. plus as you say we've got Suarez in the wings... I really don't think the Isco signing is as important as a couple out and out strikers, wingers (as Pellegrini plays with them) and a defensive midfielder for the long term.

SoCalBlue said:
bluemathlady said:
If Isco isnt coming, perhaps Denis Suarez could be his new "Isco" here?

I know that Isco is a great young player but we already have Silva and Nasri that can play that same role and are premiership ready.. plus as you say we've got Suarez in the wings... I really don't think the Isco signing is as important as a couple out and out strikers, wingers (as Pellegrini plays with them) and a defensive midfielder for the long term.
I agree. If we are after width then either we use attacking full backs or wide forwards. And we need players in midfield who can play at a much higher tempo than Yaya Toure.

If you doubt his tactical abilities, just watch two full matches of football.

First, watch Us vs. Dortmund at Eastlands. In summary, we struggled the whole match, were clearly second best, and without some miracle saves from Hart we would have let in a handful. We ended up with a draw simply due to a fortunate last-second penalty from a handball, but weren't close to deserving anything from the match.

Second, watch Malaga vs. Dortmund. Malaga deserved to win, had a perfect strategy to counter Dortmund, and only lost because of a negligent linesman and/or corruption.

If you watch those two matches, you'll have no doubts that we're going to be brought to the next level.

Dethred said:

First, watch Us vs. Dortmund at Eastlands. In summary, we struggled the whole match, were clearly second best, and without some miracle saves from Hart we would have let in a handful. We ended up with a draw simply due to a fortunate last-second penalty from a handball, but weren't close to deserving anything from the match.

Second, watch Malaga vs. Dortmund. Malaga deserved to win, had a perfect strategy to counter Dortmund, and only lost because of a negligent linesman and/or corruption.

If you watch those two matches, you'll have no doubts that we're going to be brought to the next level.
where can I watch these games?

Marvin said:
I agree. If we are after width then either we use attacking full backs or wide forwards. And we need players in midfield who can play at a much higher tempo than Yaya Toure.

Attacking fullbacks combined with 5'7" attacking players, though, would be a recipe for disaster (see this past season). Attacking fullbacks are more effective for increasing pressure, rather than as a primary source for crosses and ball distribution. Relying on defenders to provide the assist to a short player will only work so often, and by the time a fullback has gotten up the pitch the opposition will have parked the bus. We saw this happen time and time again over the past few years.

Pretty sure that strategy, and the slow buildup/parking the bus, were mostly responsible for the statistics of our players having poor goals-per-attempt numbers.<br /><br />-- Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 pm --<br /><br />
NoahCity said:
Dethred said:

where can I watch these games?

Actually, I think its TCIB that does a lot of the content hosting. If he doesn't have them in his collection, I can provide it to him via FTP server or similar and distribute it to whomever is interested. I doubt rapidshare and other sites are still hosting those matches.

People saying we need him here to get on with our summer transfer business, and that a new manager is always a risk, don't really get what's going on at the club.

Firstly he will be the first team coach, not the "manager", and the club as a whole are going to have a strategy, throughout the club, of playing a certain way, and players will be brought in to suit that way (at all levels). So while he will obviously be interested in who is coming in to the first team squad (and who's going/staying), he won't have final say on it, so its quite possible that our summer transfer business is already well advanced, and nothing much to do with Pellegrini.

Its what the upheaval of the last 2 weeks has been all about, Mancini clearly didn't buy into that, so they have sourced a guy that does.

As fans we need to understand this, and get used to it, its a huge change in the way the club is run, down a more continental route.

cleavers said:
People saying we need him here to get on with our summer transfer business, and that a new manager is always a risk, don't really get what's going on at the club.

Firstly he will be the first team coach, not the "manager", and the club as a whole are going to have a strategy, throughout the club, of playing a certain way, and players will be brought in to suit that way (at all levels). So while he will obviously be interested in who is coming in to the first team squad (and who's going/staying), he won't have final say on it, so its quite possible that our summer transfer business is already well advanced, and nothing much to do with Pellegrini.

Its what the upheaval of the last 2 weeks has been all about, Mancini clearly didn't buy into that, so they have sourced a guy that does.

As fans we need to understand this, and get used to it, its a huge change in the way the club is run, down a more continental route.
It does appear so, but I imagine that players still like a settled coach. That I believe can be handled by the executives at this point though. Anyway it will be a nice birthday present for me if he starts on June 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.