Pellegrini Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far_southerner said:
peoffrey said:
I could have come to England at that moment, I had the option but I chose to stay in Spain. I chose Málaga because it was a challenge and I was very happy there but of course you cannot win the title with Málaga or Villarreal. It is impossible. But Manchester City can win a title in England. I am sure of that.

Anyone know which club made Pellegrini an offer? I remember his name being linked at Chelsea but he's surely too wise to go there.

I've been discussing Pellegrini with a few Blues who's opinions I trust and respect (Blues who know more about football than I do) and the general consensus is that the football is exciting and a means to an end. We'll just outscore opponents and teams will be frightened to take us on properly. Just look at our home form recently!

It was widely commented here in Chile, that PSG made him an offer, but he was always interested in working in England, so accepted the City offer.

There were concerns at city that Barca might want him. I don't know how far that went. Chelsea initiated contact too.

He is proving to be an outstanding man manager, and just as importantly, he comes across as man of honour and integrity.

It's been a long time since I have seen such an incredible bond between team mates, and this is due to the fantastic leadership of Manuel. In addition I have never seen the quality of football that City is currently playing.

Long may it continue.

jollylescott said:
He is proving to be an outstanding man manager, and just as importantly, he comes across as man of honour and integrity.

It's been a long time since I have seen such an incredible bond between team mates, and this is due to the fantastic leadership of Manuel. In addition I have never seen the quality of football that City is currently playing.

Long may it continue.

Agreed, that bond is something I cant ever say i've seen at City. I remember Chelsea being like that in Mourinho's first stint as manager.

MP is without doubt the calmest, most thoughtful and confident Manager that we have had in the Premier League years. The foundations was placed by Hughes, Mancini added a very good layer of support and Manuel is building a castle. The great thing is, the potential of the current squad is being tapped, and there looks to be more. I can see Manuel linking the EDS/academy side in later this year, as the mother of all football developments comes true.

The Blue Moon is not just rising, it is looking to replace the sun.

jollylescott said:

Long may it continue.

I have to say his post match pressie when asked about what Pardoe said and the way he handled it was excellent - without doubr a top manager no question about that

Jnr Kisby said:
jollylescott said:

Long may it continue.

Agreed, that bond is something I cant ever say i've seen at City. I remember Chelsea being like that in Mourinho's first stint as manager.

All the great managers facilitate it and the great teams have it. That's one of the big reasons to be excited right now.

At city the last team which seemed to have that team "all for one" ethos was probably Royle's team in 99 and 2000. But obviously they didn't have the quality! It speaks volumes for Pellegrini that he's instilled that so quickly in a team of big name, big money players, many who don't get the starts they want, and ,many of who were very unhappy last season.

For years they told us that money can't buy team spirit, and they were right. All it took was a brilliant manager.

One thing I love about him is that he is so humble . Even Arsene looks like a devil in front of him . Never plaving mindgames , never commenting on opposition players .... the perfect gentleman manager

Didsbury Dave said:
Far_southerner said:
peoffrey said:
Anyone know which club made Pellegrini an offer? I remember his name being linked at Chelsea but he's surely too wise to go there.

I've been discussing Pellegrini with a few Blues who's opinions I trust and respect (Blues who know more about football than I do) and the general consensus is that the football is exciting and a means to an end. We'll just outscore opponents and teams will be frightened to take us on properly. Just look at our home form recently!

It was widely commented here in Chile, that PSG made him an offer, but he was always interested in working in England, so accepted the City offer.

There were concerns at city that Barca might want him. I don't know how far that went. Chelsea initiated contact too.
I'm certain Liverpool wanted him but I think that was before he went to Málaga after he left Madrid and they got Hodgeson. I think there may have been talk of it in a few Liverpool forums at the time.

Barça had thought about Pellegrini, knowing Tito May not have been able to carry on, and I think that's why Begiristain got in there early doors (talk on here and from a Spanish reporter as early as 15th April that he and Pellegrinj had met in Spain.

Didsbury Dave said:
Jnr Kisby said:
jollylescott said:

Long may it continue.

All the great managers facilitate it and the great teams have it. That's one of the big reasons to be excited right now.

At city the last team which seemed to have that team "all for one" ethos was probably Royle's team in 99 and 2000. But obviously they didn't have the quality! It speaks volumes for Pellegrini that he's instilled that so quickly in a team of big name, big money players, many who don't get the starts they want, and ,many of who were very unhappy last season.

For years they told us that money can't buy team spirit, and they were right. All it took was a brilliant manager.

I think as fans the performances on the field are the only truly measure of gauging a teams togetherness on the field and the performance against Newcastle suggested a togetherness as they did not fold until increased pressure, both fair and underhand with little support from the referee.

The year we won the league the togetherness was there, otherwise we would not have been unable to turn around the number of games we did or clinch so many last minute winners. Sadly last season it was not evident.

franksinatra said:
The year we won the league the togetherness was there, otherwise we would not have been unable to turn around the number of games we did or clinch so many last minute winners. Sadly last season it was not evident.

It wasn't mate, far from it. Balotelli was a cancer in the dressing room and our turn around coincided with his exile from the team. Togetherness comes from the management down and that's why people are mentioning it now - because it's something we've sorely lacked for the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.