Pellegrini to Arsenal..

The players were responsible for that. He's not a babysitter.

Pellegrini's career record suggests that he is one of the best in the world. Wenger's career record over the last fifteen years suggests that he is nothing more than mediocre.

Nonsense he allowed them to get away with it The manager is responsible for the team and players contrast the situation with Pep and the way he has dealt with players who are over weight

One of the best in the world, what world ?

A complete failure to make any sort of progress and a blank refusal to draw on Arsenal's plentiful financial resources in any meaningful way. No other big club would stick with such a consistently mediocre manager for that long, despite the fans gradually turning on him. He has been surviving off of credit in the bank from the Invincibles season for far too long now.

Your assuming that he controlled the budget. Maybe he has achieved the targets set by the board within the constraints that they specified All will be revealed when hi replacement eventually is appointed. The man changed so much in the English game by what he set at Arsenal things that he may well never get the credit he deserves for

Nonsense he allowed them to get with it The manager is responsible for the team and players contrast the situation with Pep and the way he has dealt with players who are over weight

One of the best in the world, what world ?
Certainly a better manager than Arsene. His achievements as a manager have been extremely impressive.

Wenger was excellent in the days when there were four clubs in the league. Now he never even looks likely to win a title. The same mistakes are made every single year.

Certainly a better manager than Arsene. His achievements as a manager have been extremely impressive.

Wenger was excellent in the days when there were four clubs in the league. Now he never even looks likely to win a title. The same mistakes are made every single year.

I am sorry but I don't agree with this. He's a charming man alright but he isn't better than Wenger.

The players were responsible for that. He's not a babysitter.

Pellegrini's career record suggests that he is one of the best in the world. Wenger's career record over the last fifteen years suggests that he is nothing more than mediocre.

It'd be an interesting appointment for Arsenal. Not sure that tactically Pellegrini has what it takes to have Arsenal dominate domestically and in Europe but he'd certainly do a better job of getting them to a title win than Wenger's done in the last decade. The core of players at Arsenal is almost perfect for Pellegrini. A mix of youth and experience, not too many huge egos, loads of potential, and most importantly a club that's underachieving and needs a breath of fresh air.

Such a shame that we employed Pellegrini under the circumstances we did as it almost ensured no matter what he did he's always be seen as some sort of pariah who took the famous Bobby Manc's job. I'm sure he's not arsed though, the man left as City's 2nd most successful manager ever.

I am sorry but I don't agree with this. He's a charming man alright but he isn't better than Wenger.
Why not? He went to Villareal in his first big job and was so good that Real Madrid came in for him. He then led them to their best ever league points haul and was sacked purely because Mourinho became available. We all know how that worked out. He then went to take Malaga to 6th place before leaving to join us. He was the only manager we wanted apart from Guardiola. He won three trophies in three years here and then his contract wasn't renewed because Pep became available. Now he's gone to China.
Wenger has done very little of note since the Invincibles season.

We got very fed up with Pellegrini very quickly as he finished 1st, 2nd and then 4th. Arsenal fans would kill for those three seasons right now.

Presumably any change would do Arsenal good. But with all due respect to Pellegrini and his 3 titles for us, I think he had problems motivating our squad of non-hungry players. That is exactly Arsenals problem too I would think. They need a harder man in charge, a type like Simeone. Therefore I would be fine with them appointing Pellegrini.

Why not? He went to Villareal in his first big job and was so good that Real Madrid came in for him. He then led them to their best ever league points haul and was sacked purely because Mourinho became available. We all know how that worked out. He then went to take Malaga to 6th place before leaving to join us. He was the only manager we wanted apart from Guardiola. He won three trophies in three years here and then his contract wasn't renewed because Pep became available. Now he's gone to China.
Wenger has done very little of note since the Invincibles season.

His team finished in second place two places above Pellegrini's who scrapped into 4th with arguably the best squad in the league. As I said earlier it says it all the MP is working in China

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.