Pellegrini's post-Barca comments. Update P12. 2 game ban

Re: Manuel Pellegrini's post-Barca comments.

Skashion said:
Can't argue. You can't accuse UEFA referees of being biased. I don't think anyone else who's done it has got away with it.

You can't accuse referees of bias in any league or competition. The governing bodies hide behind the notion that referees 'make mistakes'. It's just the nature and frequency of the mistakes that lead normal fans to ask whether the incompetence is actually incompetence or plain, unbridled, black and white favouritism.

Last time we were down 0-2 who gave the Half time team talk? Step forward Txiki and Vieira.” I know it's not St Louis and was only a friendly against the Europa League Champions at the time Chelsea, this is just a thought.

This reminds me of the Mourinho situation a few years ago when he said you cannot beat Barcelona because of the way referee's protect them. It's a bit ridiculous that today you can't criticize what was a poor decision leading to their penalty because that's exactly what it was. I know he said a lot more but it's hardly worthy of a touchline ban. If UEFA are banning Pellegrini for his comments, are they basically saying that nowadays a referee can be detrimental to the game to the point where even if he's wrong it's not important.

There is not enough transparency in the way referees make decisions and they are practically invincible nowadays. Having made a poor decision the referee can go home without too much worry but Pellegrini has to come out to the media straight after a disappointing defeat having conceded a penalty that shouldn't of been whilst also losing a player, of course UEFA he is going to flip his lid. If I was Pellegrini I'd just also refuse to talk to the media after a game in Europe after this because being forced to talk when you are riled up and bound to say something isn't fair, same goes for Vinny who I'm extremely surprised didn't get done as well.

Re: Manuel Pellegrini's post-Barca comments.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Skashion said:
Can't argue. You can't accuse UEFA referees of being biased. I don't think anyone else who's done it has got away with it.

You can't accuse referees of bias in any league or competition. The governing bodies hide behind the notion that referees 'make mistakes'. It's just the nature and frequency of the mistakes that lead normal fans to ask whether the incompetence is actually incompetence or plain, unbridled, black and white favouritism.
Taggart got away with it loads of times with the FA. Very occasionally he got punished but compared to the amount of times he actually questioned the referee he mostly got away with it. UEFA don't seem to let anyone get away with it. That's what I'm saying.

justsomeone said:
I'm sure he can still use his mobile phone.

No he can't and will be watched, Wegner was given an extended ban when he was seen trying to get messages to the dugout

kramer said:
justsomeone said:
I'm sure he can still use his mobile phone.

No he can't and will be watched, Wegner was given an extended ban when he was seen trying to get messages to the dugout

Absolutely this.

UEFA are clear that he can't be in the dressing room or have any contact with the bench...

We will be fine. He can get his message across in the build up to the game.

His ban will end for the 2nd leg of the Quarter Final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.