Pellegrini's substitutions last night

Good post, and its the same with the manager, people again last night calling him an "old c*nt" on here, just because he didn't pick their team, well I'm glad he didn't because we're in a cup final.

Its the lack of respect that's ridiculous, how any blue can call a successful, attacking, current City manager, that, needs to have a think about what being a City supporter is, whether you like him or not, though how anyone can dislike Manuel is beyond me, he's probably too nice if he has a fault.

Too right. Where's that Blue Smarties fella. Old ****, senile old ****, corpse etc etc. are some of his favourites in the matchday threads.

People just come here with theories in their heads and pass it on for fact. I've seen the 1st half at least 3 times now, none of the above happened. Barkley wasn't running 'at Toure' or 'running Toure ragged'. Matter of fact Barkley had 2 runs of any significance all night, he scored on one, Toure by the way had gone right to pick up the man on the ball who passed it to Barkley.

His 2nd run, he got triple teamed by Yaya Demichelis and tackled by Ota. On his 3rd insignificant run, Ota and Dihno crushed him at the right corner and dispossessed him. Barkley wasn't particularly effective, in the 1st half outside his goal.

I get it we weren't ahead in the first half, but the ball movement, Yaya's passing and control of the game was on point. Sterling and Silva took a while to get into the game, but even they were better than I thought when I was watching live.

Delph, hadn't done anything significant either. He was good like the others. But Yaya had a clearly better game. He once messed up a developing fast play by launching it deep to nonone in particular, and made that inexplicable decision of letting Barkley have an easy run at goal. But outside of that was decent. And continues to do a good job making runs that his teammates continue to miss.

But pulling him was just fine.

Pellers "roped a doped" Everton by letting their midfield tire themselves out against Yaya (who can no longer do himself justice in two games in four days). The pace of Navas and DeBruyne had maximum impact against Everton's tired legs.

Much credit to Manuel for getting the tactics spot on - on this occasion!

Yet there's an idea that the manager doesn't know what he's doing and he can't change a game.

He's a brilliant manager, and if it wasn't for Pep I wouldn't want him replaced. He gets flak when we lose but no praise when we win.

Pellers "roped a doped" Everton by letting their midfield tire themselves out against Yaya (who can no longer do himself justice in two games in four days). The pace of Navas and DeBruyne had maximum impact against Everton's tired legs.

I think this is pretty fair. Toure is one of the better players for not losing possession and Everton were obviously going to come out to hound City players. Let them chase the ball, and then introduce pace.

I assume the idea was for de Bruyne to start on Saturday with Toure/Silva on the bench, but that's gone now.

Yet there's an idea that the manager doesn't know what he's doing and he can't change a game.

He's a brilliant manager, and if it wasn't for Pep I wouldn't want him replaced. He gets flak when we lose but no praise when we win.
I think brilliant is stretching it a bit but credit where credit is due, the substitutions were excellent.

Let's not get giddy

Recent performances with and without him, and goals we have conceded all suggest his time is up. I am somewhat encouraged that Pellegrini maybe coming round to that viewpoint as he has belatedly dropped him and the team performed. His inclusion at West Ham was a mistake and resulted in a goal conceded inside a minute. He didn't cover himself with glory in Barkley's goal either last night. Put down to a refereeing error, and Otamendi, but Demichelis and Toure were also culpable.
For fuk sake Marvin, we get it you don't like Yaya. But don't make stuff up just for fun..

The goal was mostly down to Otamendi diving in initially and failing to get the tackle, and because Delph inexplicable gave Barkley a free run at our goal by anticipating a pass and running away from Barkley rather than forcing Barkley to go away from goal.

Neither Yaya (who yes didn't go batch shit attacking the guy who passed to Barkley) nor Demichelis ( who correctly followed the Everton Striker wide) had much fault here.

But If it makes you feel better to scapegoat Yaya, have at it. But let's not pretend you are being factual.

Was surprised he started Yaya. And wasn't surprised he subbed him. It looked all preplanned. Give me 60 and then you are off.

I was impressed :)

I think brilliant is stretching it a bit but credit where credit is due, the substitutions were excellent.
Yeah 'brilliant' was a push back at all the negative things that have been said about him. But he is a pretty good manager.

He wouldn't starve for work at the top level, that's for sure.

But I share Sean's sentiment. If not for Pep, I would not change him for anyone.

Yeah 'brilliant' was a push back at all the negative things that have been said about him. But he is a pretty good manager.

He wouldn't starve for work at the top level, that's for sure.

But I share Sean's sentiment. If not for Pep, I would not change him for anyone.

Well said. I really admire what he's done and how he goes about his work.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Chelsea next year (and I hate Chelsea)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.