Pellegrini's substitutions last night

Initial team selection and shape was a joke. Yaya at the base of a diamond is almost suicidal. But second half he got everything absolutely spot on. Hope we win a couple of trophies this season and MP leaves on a high.

Yaya is/has been one of the best ever footballers to grace our club, thats not for debate.

He gets picked because he can be and often has been a match winner, he is that good and yes, his legs are not what they once where but he is still capable of the remarkable when everything else has failed, he can and still does produce something out of nothing.

There is not a manager in the PL that would be benching him or dropping him and whilst I agree he needs to be managed game time wise from here on in, lets all show the player a little respect and the manager who has shown recently, especially last night he can adapt and change it when its needed.

Felt he got the lineup slightly wrong and i didn't think Delph should of came off at halftime, it should of been Yaya imo. It then also left us later on with a crazy midfield of Dinho silva KDB Navas and Sterling, I'm staggered we didn't get punished on the break by them at that point. I suppose you have to give him credit because it worked but 8/9 times out of 10 that doesn't work and we get hit hard on the counter. Credit to him for realising at haltime Navas should of started and credit for realising his mistake in not bringing Yaya off at halftime but both of those wouldn't of needed correcting if he'd of got it right first time. Credit given for bringing on Fernando too but it's not exactly a genius move. Overall, he did the job but he made hard work of it

You don't half post some bollocks

Yaya is/has been one of the best ever footballers to grace our club, thats not for debate.

He gets picked because he can be and often has been a match winner, he is that good and yes, his legs are not what they once where but he is still capable of the remarkable when everything else has failed, he can and still does produce something out of nothing.

There is not a manager in the PL that would be benching him or dropping him and whilst I agree he needs to be managed game time wise from here on in, lets all show the player a little respect and the manager who has shown recently, especially last night he can adapt and change it when its needed.
Agree he has been one of the best players if not the best player to play for City

But moments of magic that he has shown this season do not justify his inclusion when it comes at a massive defensive cost. There are other talented players who are being kept out of the squad, and the team has to be shuffled around to protect the team from his lack of mobility.

At some point, possibly last season it was a marginal decision, now it's quite clear cut and Pellegrini has got it wrong.
Recent performances with and without him, and goals we have conceded all suggest his time is up. I am somewhat encouraged that Pellegrini maybe coming round to that viewpoint as he has belatedly dropped him and the team performed. His inclusion at West Ham was a mistake and resulted in a goal conceded inside a minute. He didn't cover himself with glory in Barkley's goal either last night. Put down to a refereeing error, and Otamendi, but Demichelis and Toure were also culpable.

I'll concede that perhaps I maybe a little blinkered by this, and fail to see other issues, factors but I think it's the team is in transition now from Yaya to post Yaya and we're stretching it out needlessly. It's as if we have no alternatives but we do, and we are being typecast into a very rigid slow team, when we could play any number of ways to more effect if we moved on. I would like to see Yaya start from time to time and come on from the bench, but he's now very limited in his physical powers and it is affecting the team significantly.

You make me smile @Eccles Blue,i love how passionate you are about city :)

Thank you karen7 :-) you should have seen/heard me walking back to the Eccles coach, singing away by myself; "we're the great Man City and we're off to Wemberley". People probably walked down the middle of the road to avoid me thinking, oh poor old woman, she's lost it!!

Been a fantastic near 24 hours on here after a great performance that saw us reach Wembley yet again.

Many thanks to Marvin for stopping all that in its tracks and auditioning for a spot on SSN as they look for yet another (edited because im in too good a mood to be childish or get involved in a row on here) to claim we are not all that good and got lucky.

Every bloody thread too!!

I'm sure he's related to 'Big Yaya'

Agree he has been one of the best players if not the best player to play for City

But moments of magic that he has shown this season do not justify his inclusion when it comes at a massive defensive cost. There are other talented players who are being kept out of the squad, and the team has to be shuffled around to protect the team from his lack of mobility.

At some point, possibly last season it was a marginal decision, now it's quite clear cut and Pellegrini has got it wrong.
Recent performances with and without him, and goals we have conceded all suggest his time is up. I am somewhat encouraged that Pellegrini maybe coming round to that viewpoint as he has belatedly dropped him and the team performed. His inclusion at West Ham was a mistake and resulted in a goal conceded inside a minute. He didn't cover himself with glory in Barkley's goal either last night. Put down to a refereeing error, and Otamendi, but Demichelis and Toure were also culpable.

I'll concede that perhaps I maybe a little blinkered by this, and fail to see other issues, factors but I think it's the team is in transition now from Yaya to post Yaya and we're stretching it out needlessly. It's as if we have no alternatives but we do, and we are being typecast into a very rigid slow team, when we could play any number of ways to more effect if we moved on. I would like to see Yaya start from time to time and come on from the bench, but he's now very limited in his physical powers and it is affecting the team significantly.

Again more utter bollocks, Fernandinho was as much to blame as Otemendi for Barclays goal as he expected a pass to 'not so Cleverly' and lost total shape in the middle b

Good post, and its the same with the manager, people again last night calling him an "old c*nt" on here, just because he didn't pick their team, well I'm glad he didn't because we're in a cup final.

Its the lack of respect that's ridiculous, how any blue can call a successful, attacking, current City manager, that, needs to have a think about what being a City supporter is, whether you like him or not, though how anyone can dislike Manuel is beyond me, he's probably too nice if he has a fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.